Help! Stalling and weird shifting

6263ranman

Apr 18, 2021
Ownership

1. Talon R
My talon r has 876 miles on it. Several months ago the machine would stall when taking off only, It sounds like the engine revs higher and catches and bogs the engine. I took I to the dealer and they said they couldn't get the machine to recreate the issue. Well since then the issue has gotten worse and now the engine will rev high before shifts . With a little research I decided to try a clutch relearn and I couldn't get the process to finalize like the instructions say. Also this problem didn't start till after I added 32 in system 3 tires, It started a couple hundred miles after that. Is there anyone having any issues like this or could give me some direction . The extended warranty I purchased seems to be worthless. Thanks

• Sad
Reactions: TripleB and CID
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
First welcome to the forum from Michigan!
where state you from? Never heard of those numbers as a state 🤣
Last but not least…its your first post and no pics…so…
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

Now, if u had that many troubles and the dealer you took it to says they couldnt replicate the issue and u got it back and its worse! Better take it to another dealer like a dedicated Honda Delaler. Unfortunately not all dealers are created equal in the service dept now a days!

J

Jeffro_25

Aug 9, 2021
Washington
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’m having the exact same issues. It’s acting like a stall converter at take-off & revs up before it shifts into the next gear. I’ve replaced both clutches & all the solenoids. I can’t get it to re-learn either. I’m at a loss...

• Sad
Reactions: CID

6263ranman

Apr 18, 2021
Ownership

1. Talon R
Jeffro , just for curiosity , what size tires are you running. My issue didn't start until after I put big tires. I drop mine off at another dealer on the 24th . I'll update what I find out

J

Jeffro_25

Aug 9, 2021
Washington
Ownership

1. Talon R
31” paddles in the dunes. I ended up fixing it last night. Cleaned everything internally really good, replaced the bigger solenoid inside. Cleaned all the electrical connectors externally & greased them, made sure they were all nice & tight. I ended up pulling the diff so I could get to everything good. It ended up finishing the relearn & my problem went away!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!