BOX1

HELP PLEASE

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
Iv had my talon since new in 2019, it’s always wanted to choke down sometimes when you try to take off but it was just sporadic on when it would do it. Now, the last few times Iv rode it has gotten a lot worse. It will stall trying to crawl up hills, or just trying to pull off on flat ground. It’s also developed a hard to start issue, it turns over, just doesn’t sound like it’s firing. Normally does this most after it has stalled. I can put it back to park or neutral and it starts right up. Makes me think the clutch isn’t disengaging but I’m not sure. I don’t really know where to begin checking. Also sometimes after it stalls I can hear a relay click on and off a few times but can never pinpoint which one it is as it does it so quickly. I have about 2k miles, hard miles. Thanks

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
you need to post pics, we like pics

list what general maintenance you have done, list whats been broken\fixed

you been in air box lately

you ever swamp machine

you ever clean iac valve

does the machine creep in neutral, etc....

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Check to make sure the gas cap is venting.
It's not a vented cap, it's vented by a hose on top of the fuel tank. #3 below -

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
A little more info please....
Stalling out, like it's running out of gas?
The clicking relay has me thinking a bad contact (loose connection, bad ground, low voltage, etc). These machines are very sensitive on the electrical side, they need good voltage & clean, tight grounds.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Is your air filter clean? What type are u using? Do u have a pre filter and is it clean?
as state above, need more info

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
Only maintenance Iv done was oil and air filter, also changed the plugs a few months ago. Oil and filters are good, battery’s are good and tight. Think grounds are good also. Didn’t think about tank vent, I will check it. but it doesn’t act like it’s fuel related because when spinning over in drive it turns over slower than in park. When in park it fires right up. And the stalling is more like chocking down a manual. The rpm’s get low, then it just clunks down and shuts off. I don’t really know where to start on pictures if anything. It doesn’t throw codes or anything.

Reactions: Backwoods
Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
Is your air filter clean? What type are u using? Do u have a pre filter and is it clean?
as state above, need more info
Yea filter a newish oem that’s clean with no pre filter or anything

• Wow
Reactions: Remington
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Only maintenance Iv done was oil and air filter, also changed the plugs a few months ago. Oil and filters are good, battery’s are good and tight. Think grounds are good also. Didn’t think about tank vent, I will check it. but it doesn’t act like it’s fuel related because when spinning over in drive it turns over slower than in park. When in park it fires right up. And the stalling is more like chocking down a manual. The rpm’s get low, then it just clunks down and shuts off. I don’t really know where to start on pictures if anything. It doesn’t throw codes or anything.
Have you ever re-initialized the clutch? (it's the same as a Pioneer) Does it creep forward when stopped?

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yea filter a newish oem that’s clean with no pre filter or anything
Check and make sure the gasket is firmly seated. Id do the pre filter mod/snorkel when this is all done. My filter is still the original and still looks like new. There too expensive to keep changing
Think grounds are good also
Id make dam sure! And if they are, remove them and make sure there good and clean.

check off simple things before getting into complex stuff. When u skip them they will always come back and bite u in the ass!!!
Work smarter not harder

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
U r

we just like pictures of your ride, pics or it didn’t happen - need to know u r not asking for a friend

Pics of air filter dirty side as well

As mentioned above - start with all simple checks - u nay have done all this already….

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!