Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
They are 35s, trinity exhaust with cops tune. It’s been like that since like 500 miles and these problems just started at about 2k miles
35's is a lot without a gear reduction. Lots of threads on this the good bad and the ugly in the searching. I run 31's and it's about enough

As for your tune, I think there have been issues with the cops tune for some like the issues ur stating if I remember correctly 🤔 also in the search up top

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
for clarity, first post said always wanted to choke down?

did it run fine before the tires and tune, run fine with tires and tune, just start lately at 2K miles with tires and tune?

nice dog

red machines are faster and have 10+ hp....

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
35's is a lot without a gear reduction. Lots of threads on this the good bad and the ugly in the searching. I run 31's and it's about enough

As for your tune, I think there have been issues with the cops tune for some like the issues ur stating if I remember correctly 🤔 also in the search up top
Iv been wanting to change tunes for sure, long story about all that I’m not gonna go into, it I can’t change anything without buying a new pv3 and support, that’s on the list, but it was fine with the tune untill recently. Still May be the issue tho

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Iv been wanting to change tunes for sure, long story about all that I’m not gonna go into, it I can’t change anything without buying a new pv3 and support, that’s on the list, but it was fine with the tune untill recently. Still May be the issue tho
Yeah that's the problem sometimes with certain Tunes you can be fine right off the bat for quite a while and then something internally starts to slowly go away because of it. Not to say that your issue but just something to think about

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
for clarity, first post said always wanted to choke down?

did it run fine before the tires and tune, run fine with tires and tune, just start lately at 2K miles with tires and tune?

nice dog

red machines are faster and have 10+ hp....
Yes, well it’s done it some since day one, but got all the modifications at about 500 miles and acted the same as before, nothing like that has changed since then, and just started to get bad. Untill recently it would choke down, start right back up and not be an issue. And it would do it only once every few hundred miles. It did it atleast 20 times last time I rode. Just started out of no where

Reactions: Smittyp
Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
Yeah that's the problem sometimes with certain Tunes you can be fine right off the bat for quite a while and then something internally starts to slowly go away because of it. Not to say that your issue but just something to think about
I have thought about that. Do you have more info on that “slowly going away”? Meaning it’s torn something up? Or I just need a new tune to correct it? If so who do you recommend for a single tune file

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
im outta talent, :(.... on this one

did anyone at dealer look at since its been a problem since day 1?

im with HondaTech - start with cables\take all grounds apart, clean\tighten

whats the power steering like with those 35's - ?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have thought about that. Do you have more info on that “slowly going away”? Meaning it’s torn something up? Or I just need a new tune to correct it? If so who do you recommend for a single tune file
I mean just that. Basically slowly tearing something/parts up.
Id say get yourself another PV3 for it and try to get it back to stock. Or get ahold of cops.

Like @CID Said about your tires. You can do a clutch relearn but might be too late. If u have your stock wheels and tires, might want to throw them back on and start from the beginning and go from there

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I stopped at 30" tires - too many bad stories going bigger though some machines seem ok with 32"'s....

IMG 8485

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!