Talon stalls when put in forward gear! HELP

C

charlie8511

Oct 14, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hey all, got an issue that I can’t figure out lately. When I put my 1000R in gear and go to mash the accelerator, RPM’s drop and then she stalls. If I gas it she will take off and while driving no problems again until I stop and put her back in park or N and then she does it again. Just changed out the pigtails for the fuel injectors as that issue had popped up this riding season and she’s been fine but now started this stalling on the takeoff.
Just did full service front to rear and all fluids are perfect, tightened all cables for batteries and grounds and everything looks good, run it in the desert so no mud stuck anywhere, all fuses are checked and good…
Any ideas of what’s causing this??

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty335
C

charlie8511

Oct 14, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just have to ask since it wasn't listed in things you have checked. Have you inspected air filter? It could be starving for air when you first hit the gas. May be causing it to go lean or rich on fuel.
Sure did and no affect with a brand new one just installed.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!