Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
For your usage I'd buy the 3 seat, full cab is going to be better. Heat retention in winter will be better, going to be noticeably quieter, better vision backing up while plowing and a larger bed.

I originally thought the same thing, but after input from various forum members, I decided to stick with the 1000-5. Bottom line, the seats are there if you need them, but you don't have to use them. Between that and the full ROPS (which you can remove the rear section if you like), they are pretty much the same machine. I do appreciate the feedback.

sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
My dealer operates the same way. No freight or destination fee, no prep or assembly fee. I also gave $500 down and he said it is refundable. Priced right at msrp. This is the same dealer I bought two brand new Fourtrax 300's back in 1994. Still have one of them. Bulletproof.
Heard back from another dealer. Their fees are $800 + $200 for documentation if financing, $50 if not. Basically half the fees of the other dealership I spoke with.

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok,
Heard back from another dealer. Their fees are $800 + $200 for documentation if financing, $50 if not. Basically half the fees of the other dealership I spoke with.
I am not financing either so maybe that is why my dealer is being a little gentle on the fees? I have been saving up for a long time to be able to buy it outright. BTW, I drive a 1994 Chevy half ton with 120,000 miles and a 2002 Toyota Sienna with 273,000 miles and both run great and long ago paid for.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok,

I am not financing either so maybe that is why my dealer is being a little gentle on the fees? I have been saving up for a long time to be able to buy it outright. BTW, I drive a 1994 Chevy half ton with 120,000 miles and a 2002 Toyota Sienna with 273,000 miles and both run great and long ago paid for.
Cash buyers actually "cost" the dealer, as they get money from the finance companies they deal with. That's why, as a cash buyer negotiating for best price (which you obviously can't do well with a product in such short supply) it's best to negotiate price first, not telling the dealer you are a cash buyer. There are good youtube video's on this. As a cash buyer since the mid 80's, it was a lesson I learned a bit late. :(

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I have been saving up for a long time to be able to buy it outright.
And if someone wanted to start saving TODAY, and they only put away a few dollars a day, the would easily have enough money to pay cash for one BY THE TIME ONE WAS AVAILABLE! Doh! 🤣🤣🤣

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Cash buyers actually "cost" the dealer, as they get money from the finance companies they deal with. That's why, as a cash buyer negotiating for best price (which you obviously can't do well with a product in such short supply) it's best to negotiate price first, not telling the dealer you are a cash buyer. There are good youtube video's on this. As a cash buyer since the mid 80's, it was a lesson I learned a bit late. :(
Yes I do understand that about cash buyers. If I was going to go to a new car dealer I would never divulge to them about a cash deal until the final price was negotiated. I was just so glad to even get my name on HP1k that I didn't care about the rest. Also I would never buy a new road vehicle again. They are just way too expensive to begin with.

Reactions: 05Willys and Lady01
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Oh, and while I've posted it in other places on the forums, I thought I'd double-back to THIS thread and update it: I stuck with the 1000-5 Deluxe over the 1000-3, but managed to snag one in Phantom Camo instead of the Vapor White one I had a refundable deposit on.

I appreciate all the commends and feedback I received in this (and other) threads that helped lead me to what I believe was the best decision between the two. Thanks, all.

05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh, and while I've posted it in other places on the forums, I thought I'd double-back to THIS thread and update it: I stuck with the 1000-5 Deluxe over the 1000-3, but managed to snag one in Phantom Camo instead of the Vapor White one I had a refundable deposit on.

I appreciate all the commends and feedback I received in this (and other) threads that helped lead me to what I believe was the best decision between the two. Thanks, all.
Glad to help. If you need help spending money on accessories, feel free to hit us up! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: toddvdh
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Glad to help. If you need help spending money on accessories, feel free to hit us up! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
You're welcome to Venmo me some doll hairs if you want to help PAY for them ... LOL.

I don't think the motor has run more than 5 minutes and I've already spent nearly $1,400 on what I call "must haves" (roof, SATV flip-up, KFI winch mount + roller fairlead, ZXR5K winch, hawse & synt rope in case I want to swap out). I've got a couple grand more to go just to say I've got the basics covered. Then it will be all the performance and convenience stuff. Yea, I knew what I was getting in to ... :D

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!