NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yamaha offers a 10yr belt warranty that they actually back. Honda will void your warranty if you drive through a deep puddle.....I can carry a extra belt and swap in 30min. Can't carry a extra trans nor swap clutches in minutes on the trail. If the transmission is the only selling point of a honda than its clearly not in the same class. Also there size is about the same
Have you considered a KRX?

H

Hostile1

Apr 8, 2020
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'd be willing to bet that Yamaha would also deny warranty coverage if they can prove it was due to water ingestion. The Pioneer having a transmission is definitely a big selling point. So much so that Honda decided they should plaster it all over the 2021 models with those dumb stickers on the front fenders and on the hood/doors of the Talons. Different strokes for different folks, enjoy your Rmax.
Local dealers in our area are 100% aware of our riding conditions. I like my pioneer but inorder for it to clear 30in tires and ride smooth along with turn the tires with proper gearing I would have to dump a bunch of xoin into it. The rmax allows me to just put the tires on and go.

Reactions: Smitty335
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That thing looks like a dodge neon of sxs. I honestly think everyone is afraid to admit the rmax is what we all wanted when we got or p1000k.....I know mine is up for sale.
Yep. Except for 5 seats the rmax is a beast for its class. I love the travel #s. And the fit and finish/detail is off the hinges.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Local dealers in our area are 100% aware of our riding conditions. I like my pioneer but inorder for it to clear 30in tires and ride smooth along with turn the tires with proper gearing I would have to dump a bunch of xoin into it. The rmax allows me to just put the tires on and go.
My brother just got one. Riding with him next week for the 1st time. He loves it. Rolled it down a hill and the windshield still lined up perfectly. A Honda would of been totaled in the same situation. This is his enjoying the snow in Oklahoma. He slapped 32" rock zillas on no issues or mods.

Screenshot 20210218 165206 Facebook

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The pioneer is also a 5 year old rig so it shouldn't be in the same ballpark as something that just released.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd be willing to bet that Yamaha would also deny warranty coverage if they can prove it was due to water ingestion. The Pioneer having a transmission is definitely a big selling point. So much so that Honda decided they should plaster it all over the 2021 models with those dumb stickers on the front fenders and on the hood/doors of the Talons. Different strokes for different folks, enjoy your Rmax.
I like the dual clutch transmission stickers.

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My brother just got one. Riding with him next week for the 1st time. He loves it. Rolled it down a hill and the windshield still lined up perfectly. A Honda would of been totaled in the same situation. This is his enjoying the snow in Oklahoma. He slapped 32" rock zillas on no issues or mods.

View attachment 255887
I hope to make it over.... weather should be semi normal.... tropical for you

H

Hostile1

Apr 8, 2020
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

View attachment 255887
Let us know what you think

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Dirt Trax just did a walk around (I guess these are already being delivered). After seeing it on video and listening to DT, it seems this new "Commander" is really a Maverick Sport with a dump bed...and there's nothing wrong with that...

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
The SXSBLOG guys got one to test ride. They said it seemed to be loud inside, with a windshield and fabric top.
I watched that one too. Well...I mean I tried to watch it. Only made it a few minutes.

Reactions: Smitty335
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!