2021 Honda pioneer 1000 maintenance schedule??

chicknbroth

chicknbroth

Sep 11, 2021
HSB, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok I get the 20 hr or 100 mile service.
my dealer says it will be billed at approximately 5.5 hrs of labor plus parts he told me to expect $650.00.
not having even seen what it looks like under and inside of the vehicle. The majority of the items are listed as “Check” or “inspect”. The question that I couldn’t get a clear answer on is what is exactly done on an inspection or check. My dealers first available date for service is 12/22. So I took it.
Do you all go by hours or miles. I could hit the 100 miles in three days. Then what? Will have more questions in the near future.

chicknbroth

chicknbroth

Sep 11, 2021
HSB, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
here is a spreadsheat in pdf format of how i understand the maintenance schedule

Reactions: ChadD
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Personally I wouldn’t take it in if you are mechanical, just change the engine and dct oil and call it good. I always do visual checks and unless its starting hard no need to look at clearances.

You go by whatever comes first, it will vary for everyone.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ok I get the 20 hr or 100 mile service.
my dealer says it will be billed at approximately 5.5 hrs of labor plus parts he told me to expect $650.00.
not having even seen what it looks like under and inside of the vehicle. The majority of the items are listed as “Check” or “inspect”. The question that I couldn’t get a clear answer on is what is exactly done on an inspection or check. My dealers first available date for service is 12/22. So I took it.
Do you all go by hours or miles. I could hit the 100 miles in three days. Then what? Will have more questions in the near future.
I'm sure you realize that 12-22 is thirteen months away?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Personally I wouldn’t take it in if you are mechanical, just change the engine and dct oil and call it good. I always do visual checks and unless its starting hard no need to look at clearances.

You go by whatever comes first, it will vary for everyone.
Agree,
Most dealers will most likely only do an oil change which is the Engine/DCT + both filters.
Some will check the air filter, if you are lucky.
Few will actually check alignment and other small things listed.
This should only run $2-300 bucks. (total cost)

Some dealers will do a valve inspection whether it needs it or not. The manual says "only if noisy". (most don't need this)
Some will even change the diff fluids (not required).
Or the Sub transmission oil (not required).
All this is extra $$$ and should be in the $5-600+ range.

If you can change the oil in your car/tractor/boat... Then you can do this.
The issue for most becomes TIME!

You can go by Miles or Hours. Book says whichever is first.
I guess it depends on how you run. 150-200 miles and still under 20 hours is fine.
After the initial oil change. I would stick to 1200 miles or 100 hours. (whichever is first.)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!