2021 Honda Talon 1000x problems

J

Jackett

Apr 3, 2021
Houlton
Ownership

1. Talon X
I've been just casually cruising getting used to the machine up and down a dirt road. I don't think I even have 5 miles on it yet it's been running great. Yesterday I went down the road turned around came back and all of a sudden lost almost all my power. It starts and idles but sometimes starts hard and as soon as I put it in gear and hit the throttle most of the time it cuts right out. I was possibly thinking maybe she'll feel through but how could that be with five miles and I put 93 octane in it. Does anyone have any suggestions as what it could be?

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Did you fill the gasoline tank from a container holding old gas or gas contaminated by water or debris?

Reactions: Blownzuki
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Check the battery voltage, cable connections & grounds. There's a main harness ground under the drivers seat. They will act goofy it the battery isn't fully charged.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
The battery terminals were loose on both of my Talons (first one was stolen from the dealership while in for maintenance and they replaced it).

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
This won't help with this problem but be sure to check the sub trans fluid level, both of mine were delivered 10 ounces low, 1/3 of capacity. :confused:

M

Miles420

Jan 13, 2021
Ownership

1. Talon R
This won't help with this problem but be sure to check the sub trans fluid level, both of mine were delivered 10 ounces low, 1/3 of capacity. :confused:
Ya I bought 2 2021 talons couple months ago. An 1000r and 1000x4 and the x4 had NO fluid in sub trans. WAS NOT HAPPY.

advertisement
M

Miles420

Jan 13, 2021
Ownership

1. Talon R
Ya I bought 2 2021 talons couple months ago. An 1000r and 1000x4 and the x4 had NO fluid in sub trans. WAS NOT HAPPY.
I would check the ground on frame rail on drivers rear by battery box and also one under the hood and then see if u can either unplug + and - cables or keep it running for ecu to reset.

Jmaxx1502

Jmaxx1502

Feb 7, 2021
Cocoa beach
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Mine has 49 miles on it and I have had it stall and be hard starting several times. I had checked the grounds, checked and added a little to sub trans, and of course had fresh fuel. Think about it every time I go to start it.

sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Mine has done this several times after putting in the reverse trigger harness I've noticed if u put it in natural or park just shows dash on display cycle key a few time everything re registers and go on down the trail I know I have a modification however look and see what your gauge cluster is indicating when it stalls might help

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!