2021 Talon Cranks but won't Start

S

ScottJ24

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2020
Cresson, TX
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm new to Talon's and I have run into a problem. I bought my Talon last month and have been doing a lot of upgrades to it. All has gone well until a couple of days ago when I had a battery cable arc briefly. Now the car will crank but won't start. Everything on the dash seems to work fine. The fuel pump comes on everything seems normal. I have done a hard reset on the computer and checked all of the fuses between the seats and they all look good. The only thing I can see that may be wierd is the check engine light is flashing. The battery is fully charged. Any help is welcome. I do not have a service manual since they are out of stock at this time so I'm kind of flying blind.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
first of all, and you may be new talon owner - no excuse - need pics of your machine - you may be asking for a friend

also - explain how the + leg arced and where at on the machine..

how did you hard reset the computer?

talon wiring diagram is under resources up top so eliminating that problem

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
first of all, and you may be new talon owner - no excuse - need pics of your machine - you may be asking for a friend

also go over all your ground connection points on machine for corrosion, paint, etc. - many threads on where they are located

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm new to Talon's and I have run into a problem. I bought my Talon last month and have been doing a lot of upgrades to it. All has gone well until a couple of days ago when I had a battery cable arc briefly. Now the car will crank but won't start. Everything on the dash seems to work fine. The fuel pump comes on everything seems normal. I have done a hard reset on the computer and checked all of the fuses between the seats and they all look good. The only thing I can see that may be wierd is the check engine light is flashing. The battery is fully charged. Any help is welcome. I do not have a service manual since they are out of stock at this time so I'm kind of flying blind.
Yup, no pics yet, Rule #4
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

You say check engine, any codes on the dash? Since u arched, id say PULL the fuses and inspect them. Check the grounds then spark.

S

ScottJ24

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2020
Cresson, TX
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

The 1st pic was taken in the previous owners garage when i went to look at it. The 2nd is of the new bumper and light bar I installed in my shop as just a few of the upgrades i have done so far.
The cable that arced was an extention of the factory battery cables that run to the front for the winch. That cable was attached to a Lug Terminal and the extention was running to the accessory fuse box that i installed above the glove box.

The hard reset was to disconnect the battery both cables at the battery and touch them togather for 30+ seconds.

All of the fuses between the seats appear good. I will remove and check each one with a meter.

319562407 805898030598123 1239937186084151303 n

S

ScottJ24

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2020
Cresson, TX
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The 1st pic was taken in the previous owners garage when i went to look at it. The 2nd is of the new bumper and light bar I installed in my shop as just a few of the upgrades i have done so far.
The cable that arced was an extention of the factory battery cables that run to the front for the winch. That cable was attached to a Lug Terminal and the extention was running to the accessory fuse box that i installed above the glove box.

The hard reset was to disconnect the battery both cables at the battery and touch them togather for 30+ seconds.

View attachment 380644

Received 116385397975816

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I'm not sure the "hard reset" is really a thing but whatever....

Start with the basics, air/fuel, spark & compression are all it needs to run. Find out what your missing. I'd suggest start with spark, pull the plugs, crank it over.....is there magic pixies?

Squeegee

Squeegee

JTGB in training
Lifetime Member
Jun 5, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X

All of the fuses between the seats appear good. I will remove and check each one with a meter.

View attachment 380644
No need to remove the fuses just ohm across them with sound on. If good they will sound.

Reactions: Remington and ChadD
Squeegee

Squeegee

JTGB in training
Lifetime Member
Jun 5, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
I'm not sure the "hard reset" is really a thing but whatever....

Start with the basics, air/fuel, spark & compression are all it needs to run. Find out what your missing. I'd suggest start with spark, pull the plugs, crank it over.....is there magic pixies?
What are these pixies you speak of?🤣🤣🤣

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!