ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought they went to the smaller stem like the Talon?
They did go to the 10mm stem the new joint minimum OD on the taper is about .5mm smaller than the old joints which allows it to seat further in the knuckle. Oddly enough I had a spare (bent) knuckle to test fit tonight since we started this conversation. I torqued the new joint into my knuckle and it seats nice and deep in the taper. It also leaves a good witness marker around the diameter of the taper up to the full knuckle thickness, about 18mm

Here's a photo of the joint after being torqued but with the nut backed off. Still bummed Honda didn't give us a castle nut.

So what I learned is the taper appears to be the same but is likely a bit longer for better/deeper engagement in the knuckle and the stem/stud is smaller. This makes me feel better about this working. Cleaning the knuckle and new joint and doing a dye test would be more precise but that's assuming my 2500mile used knuckle is perfect too.

Next check will be tie rod clearance vs SuperATV arms at full cramp. Since the guys running heim joints clear, I should be ok.

PXL 20220412 015122152

Last edited:
helopilot

helopilot

Feb 3, 2022
Sacramento foothills
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I like the previous front end look better. Looked more rugged. Maybe it's just the added color matching around the lights and under the grille. Maybe in time it'll grow on me.

I wonder how the aftermarket bumpers will effect cooling on the new model? Also hoping the SwitchPros RCR-Force-12 will fit on that dash.

zfisher

zfisher

Jul 22, 2020
Marion Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I did some parts checking on the 2022, 49 state and the california models, both use the same under seat pans, so if they fit the 18 model it will fit up to 21 california models also with evap. Hope this helps
thanks for looking that up....you did all the hard work haha

advertisement
kandt

kandt

Lifetime Member
Apr 27, 2021
Bluegrass state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Didn't want to start a new thread- but a random question about the 2022 1000/1000-5 models.

The large switches in the deluxe are not wired but installed ready for low amp accessories. The Trail/Forest models have some wired with decals on the switches.

Anyone know if the switches with decals are etched or are they stick on decals? I know they are not backlit but was wondering if decals are available that could be used to indicate the various uses? (Too much time I guess while waiting on arrival of the Pioneer :))

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can't help so much, but on my '21 SE, there were three switch plugs wired back to the fuse box behind the "lower" switch panel. No switches for these accessory plugs. IIRC, one was wiper and I can't remember the others. They had stick-on labels. I abandoned them in place, as I was adding a second battery and fuse block for accessories, w/ no plans for wiper/washer etc.

Reactions: kandt

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!