P1000 2022 P1K5 Roof Options

Bstogs

Bstogs

Aug 1, 2022
Clarkston, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, Just got my first side by side finally and I'm starting to get some add-ons and I recently purchased the Flip windshield from SuperATV and that should be here in 2 days. Also got all of the necessary things to do the dual battery set up. But my next big thing for this would be a roof. For those of you that have anything but a molded plastic roof, do you have any pros or cons, like noise or water displacement when it rains?

I plan on posting some pics once I start getting into my upgrades..

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I have a Tusk aluminum roof. It does get hot if in the sun, I wouldn’t recommend putting your hand on it.

36158957 5F10 4DC5 97D1 36A7CD6B3925 1BBFD6B0 6EB3 4EE8 B6DA A62893411A70

Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have an Alien shade I got from Amazon. It's basically a heavy mesh that's cut to fit the pioneer, it mounts with ball bungees so it can be removed fairly easy. Doesnt keep much rain out but I mainly got it to give us some shade on the trails. Does keep it much cooler than not having it, and it doesnt hold in engine heat.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have an Alien shade I got from Amazon. It's basically a heavy mesh that's cut to fit the pioneer, it mounts with ball bungees so it can be removed fairly easy. Doesnt keep much rain out but I mainly got it to give us some shade on the trails. Does keep it much cooler than not having it, and it doesnt hold in engine heat.
I've got one that I leave on all the time, even with the Honda plastic roof, just pop four clamps to remove the solid roof. The only draw back to the Alien Shade is rubbing trees in the tight woods.

The Hunter

The Hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine has a Koplin metal roof. It’s 2 pieces and does leak a little if going down hill during a rain. The gasket is getting wore I guess. It chatters a little if setting at idle. Easy to put a dome light in though, got one with a magnet at wal mart and good to go. I like it and wouldn’t change it . Just my .02.

A6A90B3F 212F 43FB 9531 615A1FFC952E

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Mine has a Koplin metal roof. It’s 2 pieces and does leak a little if going down hill during a rain. The gasket is getting wore I guess. It chatters a little if setting at idle. Easy to put a dome light in though, got one with a magnet at wal mart and good to go. I like it and wouldn’t change it . Just my .02.

View attachment 346813
Git ya some of dat dare Flex Seal tape! LOL

Bstogs

Bstogs

Aug 1, 2022
Clarkston, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the idea of getting a metal roof or even the tinted roof, but has anyone had issues with them not having a gutter or channel for rain?

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I like the idea of getting a metal roof or even the tinted roof, but has anyone had issues with them not having a gutter or channel for rain?
The Tusk has turned up edges so the water runs down the front mostly. Or off the back when moving.

advertisement
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I have the alien shade mounted under rollbar and the OEM above when I need it. Best of both worlds

Reactions: Smittyp and Bstogs
P

PVAndy

Dec 1, 2021
North Haven CT
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
I have the alien shade mounted under rollbar and the OEM above when I need it. Best of both worlds

Hey guys, Just got my first side by side finally and I'm starting to get some add-ons and I recently purchased the Flip windshield from SuperATV and that should be here in 2 days. Also got all of the necessary things to do the dual battery set up. But my next big thing for this would be a roof. For those of you that have anything but a molded plastic roof, do you have any pros or cons, like noise or water displacement when it rains?

I plan on posting some pics once I start getting into my upgrades..
I have the SuperATV tinted roof and Flip Up Windshield. Work fine together

Reactions: Smittyp
Bandman

Bandman

Jul 17, 2021
Hayden Lake, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So did you end up with this combo? If so How do you like it
Chucker06,

Yes I did get the SATV flip-up windshield (dealer installed) and the tinted-roof. I like them both although I’ve only gone on a couple of quick trips around my house. I’m talking it on the road in my toyhauler next week so I’ll update soon. I have to say SATV got it to me fast and without damage and I installed myself. The clamps where a bit of a challenge but not hard once I got the hang of it.

Reactions: Remington
Tie

Tie

Jun 5, 2022
Toronto
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I also have the Super ATV flip up windshield and Super ATV tinted roof. Very happy with them. I actually loved riding with no roof at first, but the see through roof is great... like it isn't even there as the sun shines in and you can see above as well.

Roof internal Windshield

advertisement