Mexico mo
Ownership

1. 520
Congrats. I am waiting for mine. Good to know that dealers are getting them

D

Dynamicfigure

Jan 12, 2021
WA
I'd be cautious putting deposits down if the dealer can't tell you the color of the one they have coming in and an estimated arrival date. I called over 30 dealers looking for my 2021 and heard about every story. A lot of dealers just wanted the deposit and could give no clarity. Make sure if you do hand over a deposit, that you have them write on the receipt they will refund it, at your request, if it is not in within a set time, say 3 months. I did all that, had a specific shipment date, etc and it still took 7 months, once I even found a dealer who had a green one coming...

Reactions: Montecresto
Jeepdude

Jeepdude

Jun 28, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 520
I'd be cautious putting deposits down if the dealer can't tell you the color of the one they have coming in and an estimated arrival date. I called over 30 dealers looking for my 2021 and heard about every story. A lot of dealers just wanted the deposit and could give no clarity. Make sure if you do hand over a deposit, that you have them write on the receipt they will refund it, at your request, if it is not in within a set time, say 3 months. I did all that, had a specific shipment date, etc and it still took 7 months, once I even found a dealer who had a green one coming...
Great Advice. I ran into that with a number of dealers. They would not put your name on a list without putting money down with no idea of any delivery ( I invest my money not them ).
Dealer in Escanaba, Mi put me on list. No money down.

B

Benny8838

Dec 19, 2021
Mexico mo
Ownership

1. 520
My dealer has 2 coming. A red one and mine a brown one. He is a local dealer and has been a Honda dealer for a long time. Both are allocated to him for the first quarter of 2022. They don't know exactly when but they could be here anytime but not later than 3/30/2022. That's why I am interested in when others are seeing them at the dealership. Thanks for all your information. Please keep it coming.

D

Dynamicfigure

Jan 12, 2021
WA
Sounds like your local dealer is legit, Congrats, all 3 in my neighborhood gave me the give us some money and we'll reserve one, when we get one, which will be soon, but we don't know when, what color it will be, lines...

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
When dealers "order" an ORV vehicle for you, it's not at all like ordering a car or truck. You're not ordering an exact unit that can be tracked through the manufacturing process (VIN, etc.).

They order a large number of units and Honda ships them as Honda decides. That's why they can't tell you *exactly* when a Camo Deluxe or green base model will arrive (until Honda notifies them one is scheduled to be shipped - and even those dates can/will change, as many on these forums have experienced in the last 1.5+ years).

Every deposit at every dealer does nothing more than put you on an INTERNAL list.

What's most important has already been said: Do NOT work with ANY dealership that demands a non-refundable deposit. And no silly BS about "if you don't get a unit within X months" is necessary. Fully refundable at ANY time. You could find an in-stock unit at another dealer 3 days later. Get it in writing or walk away.

FWIW, there's nothing wrong with dealers asking for a deposit (most do), as that's how they know you are legit and not just a tire kicker. With no skin in the game, you're at greater risk of some a**hole salesman selling "your" unit to someone else for more money once it shows up. Expecting a dealer to "hold" a unit for you with no skin in the game, especially with a vehicle that's in short supply and high demand, is not reasonable. I didn't say you can't find one that will - I said it's not reasonable to expect or demand it.

Good luck.

Reactions: futzin
B

Benny8838

Dec 19, 2021
Mexico mo
Ownership

1. 520
Anybody getting any information updates?
I know it's early in 2022 but are dealers hearing anything from Honda

• Haha
Reactions: Jerryg
Jeepdude

Jeepdude

Jun 28, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 520
I know it's early in 2022 but are dealers hearing anything
I know it's early in 2022 but are dealers hearing anything from Honda
Dealer got list from Honda Monday and it still shows 2/1 estimated delivery for my 520. 🤞🏼

wildfoto

wildfoto

Dec 28, 2021
Darwin NT Australia
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 520
Probably not very relevant to most here but in Darwin NT Australia my dealer said mine should arrive March but may be as late as May... :( They have like 5 on the floor but they are all sold.. apparently the government/council here are replacing all their quads with these because of safety concerns...

I put a deposit down also..

Reactions: trigger and JACKAL
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Probably not very relevant to most here but in Darwin NT Australia my dealer said mine should arrive March but may be as late as May... :( They have like 5 on the floor but they are all sold.. apparently the government/council here are replacing all their quads with these because of safety concerns...

I put a deposit down also..
@wildfoto I'm guessing Darwin is at the end of a very long supply chain for SSV's right now.
The supply has been really spotty here in the US, probably worse for you considering shipping.
Good luck!

Bet there is a good story on your avatar picture, would love to hear it.
(FYI I attended high school in Alice back in the late '70s)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerryg and JACKAL
wildfoto

wildfoto

Dec 28, 2021
Darwin NT Australia
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 520
Bet there is a good story on your avatar picture, would love to hear it.
(FYI I attended high school in Alice back in the late '70s)
Hiya mate its actually a picture of my Dad.. he came up to Darwin in the early 60s from QLD.. was just a random pic on my computer that could replace the empty avatar :)

Be some nice tracks around the Alice to explore... whereabouts are you these days?

Yeah hopefully the P520 is here by March.. there is a shortage and a lot of demand it seems... I'd really like to at least get bigger wheels straight up but my wife tells me we should wear out the factory ones first.. :(

Reactions: Remington
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
~ I'd really like to at least get bigger wheels straight up but my wife tells me we should wear out the factory ones first.. :(
Tell the wife the factory tyres are only 24" tall, they are mostly wore out brand new.

Full disclosure, I'm a Yank.
Been in Ohio (left of center when you look at a map of the States) for the last 28 years.
No desert, not a lot of riding and lots of cold in the winter.
But my job keeps me entertained.

Link to my p500 build thread:

Reactions: JACKAL and trigger
K

kjdocs

Dec 13, 2021
Louisianna
Ownership

1. 520
i put my deposit down on 12/17. I've been given a ship date of 2/1 for my 2022 gray 520. I was given a sheet with my buildout when i put my deposit on the machine, and told it's totally refundable.

Fingers crossed for mid February. It's given me time to cut some tree's down and work on the trails around the property. We also have a Polaris outlaw 110 (sorry i know not a Honda!) coming in a week or so for my 10 year old daughter!

K

kjdocs

Dec 13, 2021
Louisianna
Ownership

1. 520
Just got my call to complete my finale financing! 2022 Gray 520 is at the dealer and in a crate.
Should be ready next week, they have a few a head of me.

I got the extended warranty, just seemed to be the right thing to do for piece of mind.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just got my call to complete my finale financing! 2022 Gray 520 is at the dealer and in a crate.
Should be ready next week, they have a few a head of me.

I got the extended warranty, just seemed to be the right thing to do for piece of mind.
Congrats, almost!

Reactions: HiFive and BB3344

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!