P1000 2022 turf mode

R

rick79

Feb 18, 2023
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had my rear diff adjusted at dealer a few hundred miles ago. rear diff is not unlocking again! Adjustment on diff is at full adjustment and not even close. cable is fine. is there anything else to adjust?

Reactions: Lady01
advertisement
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had my rear diff adjusted at dealer a few hundred miles ago. rear diff is not unlocking again! Adjustment on diff is at full adjustment and not even close. cable is fine. is there anything else to adjust?

P1000 Rear locker cable​

Not sure how to link a thread here but this thread may help you.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
46EDB508 337A 445E 88E7 16B5467E4486
I ended up making a 3/8” spacer to add in to be able to adjust my 22. Been fine since.

Reactions: Hawk53
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from tge putrid swamp run Michigan!

What year make and Model do u have?

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We used to do this to the brakes 25 years ago.
Seems like the would of found a better design by now.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
With a 10' long cable they need atleast twice the adjustment travel. Had the other end of the cable casing been threaded into its bracket there coulda been some adjustment there too. But they didnt....

advertisement
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
LOL funny you say that cause its exactly what i was thinking, gonna try dealer one more time first since warranty is good till june
Let us know what they do and how it works out.

T

treeguy27

Sep 27, 2020
Mo
I have a '22 as well and had to adjust the diff cable as soon as I brought it home. The indicator on the dash would flash back and forth between turf and diff lock. I adjusted the cable like the service manual says and the dash indicator seems to work properly now. I jacked up the rear end of the buggy and when I put it turf mode and spin the drivers tire the other side doesn't spin. In diff lock mode both tires will spin. So I think I have it adjusted properly. Although in turf mode, if I hit the throttle hard enough to spin the tires in gravel or soft grass I will still get two marks in the ground. The drivers side seems to be more pronounced than the passenger side. Does this seem normal? I thought turf mode would only drive one wheel regardless.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a '22 as well and had to adjust the diff cable as soon as I brought it home. The indicator on the dash would flash back and forth between turf and diff lock. I adjusted the cable like the service manual says and the dash indicator seems to work properly now. I jacked up the rear end of the buggy and when I put it turf mode and spin the drivers tire the other side doesn't spin. In diff lock mode both tires will spin. So I think I have it adjusted properly. Although in turf mode, if I hit the throttle hard enough to spin the tires in gravel or soft grass I will still get two marks in the ground. The drivers side seems to be more pronounced than the passenger side. Does this seem normal? I thought turf mode would only drive one wheel regardless.
That is perfectly normal and would leave less of a mark if you had actual turf tires. However it's also why you can go so far off road in turf mode......Its a potent machine alright !

Reactions: treeguy27
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's like a limited slip differential while in turf mode

Reactions: Scoop and treeguy27

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!