P1000 2023 1000-5 Trail winch question

A

aucivil

Jul 23, 2022
Alabama
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
What model is the installed winch - only thing visible is Honda Warn.

Just got it home and am a bit disappointed that it didn't come with a wired or wireless controller. Hard to work the dash switch and be out front too.

Bama-Daniel

Bama-Daniel

Lifetime Member
Feb 25, 2021
Priceville, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would check with Ron Ayer’s? They can probably answer any questions. Shows you can buy a remote switch for a 22
9816084A 65FB 405F 9B32 9BD82572034D

G

gthal

Lifetime Member
Aug 3, 2023
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe it is a Warn VRX 45. Scroll down in the features and Honda says that's what it is.

Pioneer 1000-5 - 5 Seater Side-by-Side (SxS) - Honda

WARN VRX 45 WINCH​

This is a huge upgrade and standard equipment on our Pioneer 1000-5 Forest and Trail models. The winch is installed at the factory, and is built right into the Pioneer’s chassis, not added on as an accessory. With a 4500-pound capacity and spooled with steel cable, you’ll be ready to pull your buddy out when he gets stuck!

K

Kbuc

Aug 17, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe it is a Warn VRX 45. Scroll down in the features and Honda says that's what it is.

Pioneer 1000-5 - 5 Seater Side-by-Side (SxS) - Honda
when I bought mine in Aug. I had to wait for them to install the winch before I could take it home.
Yes, I agree that it should have come with a remote. I’ve rarely used a winch on any of my rigs so I’m not too concerned.

advertisement
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you are gonna re-spool it with synthetic, best to do that sooner than later.

If you are adding a wireless remote winch controller, install an on/off switch in series with the positive power lead to the receiver. This to prevent the risk of some sort of radio interference causing unintended winch operation - the winch control receiver will only operate when you have power the power to it switched on. Unintended operation, caused by RFI (radio frequency interference) could otherwise cause damage.

A universal wireless winch remote can be bought on-line for $20 - $25 and works great.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty335 and ChadD
A

aucivil

Jul 23, 2022
Alabama
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I respooled with synthetic (SXS store) and added the Warn wireless controller and the Aux & Key-on rocker switch (SXS store). Everybody should have the Aux & Key-on rocker switch

Reactions: Smitty335 and ChadD
L

lil-blue

Jan 14, 2024
Augusta, Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
when I bought mine in Aug. I had to wait for them to install the winch before I could take it home.
Yes, I agree that it should have come with a remote. I’ve rarely used a winch on any of my rigs so I’m not too concerned.
Kbuc, did yours come with the remote wiring (harness) and socket installed? My 2023 Trail Edition 1000-3 came with the Warn VRX45 (which, like yours, was installed at the dealership), but just noticed a few days ago when looking to purchase a remote for it, that the wiring and socket were not installed as shown on the winch operator's manual that came with the unit.

D

dweber23tr

May 21, 2023
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Kbuc, did yours come with the remote wiring (harness) and socket installed? My 2023 Trail Edition 1000-3 came with the Warn VRX45 (which, like yours, was installed at the dealership), but just noticed a few days ago when looking to purchase a remote for it, that the wiring and socket were not installed as shown on the winch operator's manual that came with the unit.
They don't come with them. My 23 trail didn't either. While they are relatively easy to add, it's disappointing that they don't for as expensive as the machine is.

Reactions: NorthernJoe

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!