2023 Honda Talons update 5/30/23 1000R-4 LV

M

mmjsport

Apr 23, 2021
California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Where are those? Was there a media event or are those sold units already?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Where are those? Was there a media event or are those sold units already?
Uhm... maybe, Honda executive / marketing types attendance on the down low driving the new units. Who else arrives with rented uhaul pickups and trailers with machines before dealers can get them.

M

mmjsport

Apr 23, 2021
California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Perks of the job I suppose. Last year when the 2022 refresh units came out as I was still waiting for an R 4 seater to be released, I got impatient and told my dealer I’d take a black and orange 1000X4 to hold me off until the 1000R4 came. They told me it would be there for pick up in around a month. I sold my Polaris and was waiting “patiently”. That was in June 2022. To my understanding, they never got one orange unit 4 seater till this day! They called me a few days ago excited to say a 2022 silver and blue live valve was arriving if I wanted that which I refused. I told them since I was on a list for the anticipated 1000R-4 since late 2021, I’d just hold out until they arrive. I’m just hoping the same doesn’t happen this year like last, where new units are announced and they don’t receive any! A few buddies who were interested gave up. They picked up a can am and KRX. Both cool units. I don’t blame them for not being patient. Im coming from two different Polaris 2 seaters. Enjoyed both but I’m set on a 4 seater DCT now. Just seems Honda can’t deliver them to dealers like we all hope.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Perks of the job I suppose. Last year when the 2022 refresh units came out as I was still waiting for an R 4 seater to be released, I got impatient and told my dealer I’d take a black and orange 1000X4 to hold me off until the 1000R4 came. They told me it would be there for pick up in around a month. I sold my Polaris and was waiting “patiently”. That was in June 2022. To my understanding, they never got one orange unit 4 seater till this day! They called me a few days ago excited to say a 2022 silver and blue live valve was arriving if I wanted that which I refused. I told them since I was on a list for the anticipated 1000R-4 since late 2021, I’d just hold out until they arrive. I’m just hoping the same doesn’t happen this year like last, where new units are announced and they don’t receive any! A few buddies who were interested gave up. They picked up a can am and KRX. Both cool units. I don’t blame them for not being patient. Im coming from two different Polaris 2 seaters. Enjoyed both but I’m set on a 4 seater DCT now. Just seems Honda can’t deliver them to dealers like we all hope.
I'm guessing that Honda was already more selective in their parts supply chain than other manufacturers before the pandemic and now they are affected a bit more than the others as things are slow to get back to normal.

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
H

HondaTech

Shoot that's all we got for 2022 models pretty much, Orange 4 seaters. We got a couple 2 seaters. But since the "S" models have come out its been the other way around.

M

mmjsport

Apr 23, 2021
California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The dealer I'm working with has 6 two seaters available and no 4 seaters. The 4 seater they offered me isn't even on their site so I'm guessing the next behind me took it. I'm waiting for them to give me an update when they hear it about the new R4 seater availability though. The announcement says available this month, but we all know how that goes .:rolleyes:

N

Newbiehere

May 3, 2022
California
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Same here, my dealer was waiting for x4 and canceled for the r4, who knows when though.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!