P700 2023 Under Hood Storage

H

Hondak

Mar 21, 2023
Memphis
Just got a 2023 Pioneer 700 Deluxe and have seen posts about under hood storage. Mine has power steering. When I look under the hood, I see what appears to be a motor or pump of some kind on the drivers side. I am not a mechanic but think that it is most likely the power steering motor/pump. Can I still put some kind of storage box under the hood or does that motor get hot or will I mess it up if something is touching it?
Anyone else with a 2023 out there who might know?

Reactions: Kinlaw
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just got a 2023 Pioneer 700 Deluxe and have seen posts about under hood storage. Mine has power steering. When I look under the hood, I see what appears to be a motor or pump of some kind on the drivers side. I am not a mechanic but think that it is most likely the power steering motor/pump. Can I still put some kind of storage box under the hood or does that motor get hot or will I mess it up if something is touching it?
Anyone else with a 2023 out there who might know?
Welcome from the once great state of Michigan now run by radical Leftist!

First thigs first when u join/first post is pics, its rule #4.....Pics Or It Didnt Happen! of your rig

Should be fine for heat. The rig itself will make more heat. But once again, post a pic of your compartment as well to help us better serve you

Reactions: Kinlaw
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I cannot post a picture as the Honda is stored at my cabin out of town.
You never took any when u bought it posing with that beauty? 🤨
well as soon as u can, post em up!
These guys get pretty rough about pics!
Im just doing work for the people by the people🤷‍♂️🥳

Also..
Pro Tip: when responding to someone on the forum, be sure to hit the “reply” under that post then reply. Otherwise they may never know you responded to there question.
Been alot of this lately with FNG’s🤔

• Haha
Reactions: CID
R

Reloder28

Oct 21, 2018
Deer Park, Tx
Ownership

1. 700-2
My 700 has a complete electrical power distribution panel underneath its hood. I chose an appropriate sized composite cutting board. I positioned it to utilize the handle hole to bring all the conductors topside. It has a fuse block, positive & negative bus bars I made from copper bar, also a distribution box for my 8 gang remote switch panel.

H

Hondak

Mar 21, 2023
Memphis
My 700 has a complete electrical power distribution panel underneath its hood. I chose an appropriate sized composite cutting board. I positioned it to utilize the handle hole to bring all the conductors topside. It has a fuse block, positive & negative bus bars I made from copper bar, also a distribution box for my 8 gang remote switch panel.
Thanks Reloader! Could you possible post a photo. Sounds like good idea!

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome and cheers on your new ride!

I keep a heavy fabric tool bag in there. Always keep it off, or away, from the steering unit. Never noticed any heat issues under the hood. Whatever you do, keep straps, ropes, cloth and all the like away from the steering linkage under the hood, most linkage is in the area above and forward of your feet. Still leaves room for a bag or box.

If you do a search you'll see some guys use Harbor Freight storage boxes under the hood. Using boxes like that you will need to make a shelf to hold them well. Their post show the boxes and shelves. I don't recall any of those post stating there was a heat problem.

Reactions: WagginTail

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!