Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are there years of talons to avoid…I’m also checking used buggies. Hopefully I can find some 200-500 miler with all the common accessories already installed from a POed recently divorced spouse….(how I bought my boat cash on the table)🤣

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Are there years of talons to avoid…I’m also checking used buggies. Hopefully I can find some 200-500 miler with all the common accessories already installed from a POed recently divorced spouse….(how I bought my boat cash on the table)🤣
I believe the 23 model has several changes including a much improved sub transmission and power steering system.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will admit that with i4wd and Mrs Vikes79 driving…I will not have to hear endless questions about if it should be in diff lock or not…so there’s that side.

Happy wife blah blah lol

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went and test drove a talon x4 and a KRX 4 this afternoon… I can honestly say I wasn’t impressed by either.

KRX4 is long enough to be continued…for sure comfortable for my shorter passengers but for me it was super uncomfortable for my long legs. A bit difficult to get out of as well. Really scrunched in feeling.

Talonx4 was better in the leg room area but the idiotic location of the ignition switch is grinding into my knee all the time…and the cabin width is considerably narrower that the KRX. I expected this. The stupid instrument cluster looks like an afterthought on the steering wheel..I understand it used to be in the center console…should have left it there. Who’s looking at the dash on the trails? I guess I learned old school style by sound.

Absolutely hate the suicide doors on both models.

wtf is up with the up and over rockers deep foot wells on these things?

Looked at a Rmax4 to replace my P1k5….yeah that’s a no go too. You loose all the utility unless you want to bolt and unbolt the seats all the same time.

Gonna look a RZR and a Canam tomorrow..I’m not expecting to be impressed anymore. If the driver is uncomfortable definitely no point. Not sure it’s in the cards anymore…

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Looked at a Rmax4 to replace my P1k5….yeah that’s a no go too. You loose all the utility unless you want to bolt and unbolt the seats all the same time.

Gonna look a RZR and a Canam tomorrow..I’m not expecting to be impressed anymore. If the driver is uncomfortable definitely no point. Not sure it’s in the cards anymore…
Take a look at the CanAm Defender for a P1k replacement, they make a nice rig, I'm not sure they have the reliability of a Honda/Yamaha but they're not far behind.....with the utility models at least.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went and test drove a talon x4 and a KRX 4 this afternoon… I can honestly say I wasn’t impressed by either.

KRX4 is long enough to be continued…for sure comfortable for my shorter passengers but for me it was super uncomfortable for my long legs. A bit difficult to get out of as well. Really scrunched in feeling.

Talonx4 was better in the leg room area but the idiotic location of the ignition switch is grinding into my knee all the time…and the cabin width is considerably narrower that the KRX. I expected this. The stupid instrument cluster looks like an afterthought on the steering wheel..I understand it used to be in the center console…should have left it there. Who’s looking at the dash on the trails? I guess I learned old school style by sound.

Absolutely hate the suicide doors on both models.

wtf is up with the up and over rockers deep foot wells on these things?

I see a P1000-6 in your future

• Wow
Reactions: 906UP and CID
GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Take a look at the CanAm Defender for a P1k replacement, they make a nice rig, I'm not sure they have the reliability of a Honda/Yamaha but they're not far behind.....with the utility models at least.
I was looking at the Defender before I bought my Pioneer. The fit and finish is definitely good.

Reactions: 906UP
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Talonx4 was better in the leg room area but the idiotic location of the ignition switch is grinding into my knee all the time…
This would solve the key issue 😆

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!