Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Full Press release with multi angle photos of each model / color options:

American Honda celebrated a new calendar year today by revealing its full line of sport side-by-sides, with seven versions offered across two- and four-seat configurations. Since its introduction in 2019, the Honda Talon has offered off-road enthusiasts a highly capable platform for navigating all types of challenging terrain, with X versions tailored for wooded two-track and R iterations ready for rugged desert trails. The Talons have been continuously updated and improved over the years, and the 2024 lineup is the most capable ever offered, with both standard and FOX Live Valve versions available—the former featuring new, premium Showa suspension that delivers a comfortable ride while still absorbing big hits.

“As the Talon platform enters its sixth year in production, Honda is pleased to offer such an accomplished collection of sport side-by-sides for 2024,” said Brandon Wilson, Manager of Racing and Experiential Marketing at American Honda. “In a relatively short period, the Talon has won over a growing contingent of customers who appreciate the platform’s ability to deliver not only performance, but also reliability and dependability to the off-road experience.”

Talon 1000 Two-Seat Versions
The two-seater Talon is offered in two basic configurations—the nimble-handling 1000X, which shines in tight technical terrain, and the 1000R, favoring high speeds and open terrain. Both the Talon 1000R and Talon 1000X are available with intelligent FOX Live Valve technology, featuring adaptive suspension capabilities. New for 2024, the non-Live Valve Talons are equipped with premium Showa suspension, the result of a close collaboration between Honda and Showa engineers, who focused on enhancing ride comfort and rebound control while maintaining the shocks’ bottoming resistance for bigger impacts. All are ideal for delivering off-road adventure for a driver and passenger.

• Colors
    • Talon 1000R: Matte Abyss Black
    • Talon 1000X: Matte Abyss Black
    • Talon 1000R FOX Live Valve: Pearl Red; Matte Navy Blue
    • Talon 1000X FOX Live Valve: Pearl Red; Matte Navy Blue
  • MSRP
    • Talon 1000R: $21,399
    • Talon 1000X: $20,399
    • Talon 1000R FOX Live Valve: $23,599
    • Talon 1000X FOX Live Valve: $22,599
  • Available: February
  • Info
Talon 1000 Four-Seat Versions
First offered in 2020, the four-seat Talon 1000 platform has allowed owners to bring more family and friends on their off-road adventures, with a rear seating area that offers unrivaled passenger comfort and visibility. Like the two-seaters, the four-seat Talon 1000 is offered in X and R configurations—the former shining in tight, technical conditions, and the latter favoring higher speeds and open terrain. Both the X and R four-seaters are available with high-tech self-adjusting FOX Live Valve suspension, while the X is also offered in a standard version that features new, premium Showa shock absorbers for 2024. The result of a close collaboration between Showa and Honda engineers, the new shocks enhance ride comfort and rebound control while maintaining the shocks’ bottoming resistance for bigger impacts.

• Colors
    • Talon 1000X-4: Matte Abyss Black
    • Talon 1000X-4 FOX Live Valve: Pearl Red
    • Talon 1000R-4 FOX Live Valve: Pearl Red
  • MSRP
    • Talon 1000X-4: $22,899
    • Talon 1000X-4 FOX Live Valve: $24,899
    • Talon 1000R-4 FOX Live Valve: $25,899
  • Available: February
  • Info

24 Talon 1000X 4 FLV Red RHP
24 Talon 1000X 4 FLV Blue LHP
24 Talon 1000X 4 Black LHP
24 Talon 1000R 4 FLV Red LHP
24 Talon 1000X FLV Red RHP
24 Talon 1000X FLV Blue LHP
24 Talon 1000X Black RHP
24 Talon 1000R Black LHP

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
@JACKAL, you show a pic of a 4-seater in Matte Navy Blue, but it's not listed in the colors listed above the pics.

Reactions: TxDoc
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Glad I didn't wait on a Talon R 4 with Showa shocks. I'm surprised Honda is offering Black and expect it may not be very popular. I just hate black and for me it would be a deal breaker to get the basic model with Showa shocks. I prefer Red but the Blue and Green was ok. My buddy was pissed because the dealer only had a couple of Talons that were black. He waited until he could get one with another color and ended up with a Blue one. To get Red it would have taken a few more weeks and like he said we are too old to wait on anything. I just hate Black, and it looks like someone at Honda did it just to piss me off!! I sold my Red 2020 Talon R and Honda should have offered the basic model in Honda Red. One thing is a for sure the dealers will be offering a huge discount on the Black ones. I think out of the 200 retired guys in our Tuesday Ride Group none would buy a Black Talon even if it meant buying a belt drive Can-Am Turbo to get another color.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Glad I didn't wait on a Talon R 4 with Showa shocks. I'm surprised Honda is offering Black and expect it may not be very popular. I just hate black and for me it would be a deal breaker to get the basic model with Showa shocks. I prefer Red but the Blue and Green was ok. My buddy was pissed because the dealer only had a couple of Talons that were black. He waited until he could get one with another color and ended up with a Blue one. To get Red it would have taken a few more weeks and like he said we are too old to wait on anything. I just hate Black, and it looks like someone at Honda did it just to piss me off!! I sold my Red 2020 Talon R and Honda should have offered the basic model in Honda Red. One thing is a for sure the dealers will be offering a huge discount on the Black ones. I think out of the 200 retired guys in our Tuesday Ride Group none would buy a Black Talon even if it meant buying a belt drive Can-Am Turbo to get another color.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@JACKAL, you show a pic of a 4-seater in Matte Navy Blue, but it's not listed in the colors listed above the pics.
All photos posted were downloaded directly from the press release web page for this announcement. That's all I can say. See link added to top of first post and then click on the photos link.

Here:

Last edited:
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
All photos posted were downloaded directly from the press release web page for this announcement. That's all I can say. See link added to top of first post and then click on the photos link.

Here:

Don't make no never mind to me. I was just pointing out that the carpet don't match the drapes. :oops:😆

• Haha
Reactions: Backwoods and TxDoc
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Yeah but, you're gonna get chilled cup holders while the seat burns yo azz.

LOL! What a deal! 😆

When we got our '23 FLV, I actually wanted the 4-seater - had one available for deposit the same day I put the deposit on the 2-seater. But the wife didn't want it ... and we all know how that works out most of the time.

Reactions: Dankathy and TxDoc
GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah, that would be my choice too. Pretty sure it was only offered on the R model last year? I hope Bob is right and they offer huge discounts on them.
I bet they won’t though. The dealers will screw us anyway.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!