futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
better than self-tappers would be rivnuts or plus nuts, M6 x 30mm (pretty sure) bolts. I used hex head for the cup washer locations, rounded pan head style for the side, tube locations.

I have a plus nut setter I can bring.

We'd need a drill, drill bits for metal, possibly extractors of some kind, hardware

Last edited:
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Just show up with the parts, 1-2 guys should be able to knock it out in under an hour. Winch machine over to 45 deg, it will be installed before you know it.

:D

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
better than self-tappers would be rivnuts or plus nuts, M6 x 30mm (pretty sure) bolts. I used hex head for the cup washer locations, rounded pan head style for the side, tube locations.

drill, drill bits for metal, possibly extractors of some kind, hardware
Me=going beyond
Futz=going ABOVE and beyond.

Nice!

KyGal83

KyGal83

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
I will check them. SuperATV does not make skid plates for the 500, yet.
NOT SAYING I RECOMMEND IT. It is completely up to you.

They make it for the 520. I have it on my 500, the only place the bolts do not align correctly are the wings under the cab. If you're going the plus nuts route that Futzin recommended, that might work. I am getting ready to do the plus nuts to mine. We originally used self tapers and they came out. Also do not put the front metal guards behind the wheels, they rub the tires under compression. I bought mine during Covid, the price for the SSS was up crazy ridiculous and on backorder.. the SuperAtv one was available and worth the gamble for me.

Note: The SSS fits perfectly and works perfectly. Futzin has installed 3 of them.

Last edited:
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
P5 Posse, let's hear your thoughts on our Friday P5 ride. I like the Standing Stone Ride idea, but I remain flexible . . .
I'm just in it for the margs and tacos I have been promised. We could do laps around Adult World for 10min and meet back at the Mexican place and I'd still be happy.

advertisement
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
To be clear, I'm not promising to bring drill bits, hardware, extractors etc. Sorry if unclear . . .
I can bring a drill, socket set, and various driver bits. And the setter, of course.

Also, yes I'll absolutely help install!

Another recent thought: vinyl or rubber (or other) spacers at the side locations to aid cleaning/washing. Those spots are a bit higher than the main frame anyway. I've been thinking of trying it. Wouldn't need to be very thick.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2

We'd need a drill, drill bits for metal, possibly extractors of some kind, hardware
I got any size metal bit you need. I can bring them. The are new not dull crap. I’ll have them with me

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!