21 Talon i4wd not working

S

Sxsguy1991

Apr 30, 2021
NC
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have an issue that is causing me to pull my hair out.

2wd/i4wd switch does nothing
Dash stays with locked 2wd
Diagram will not change or register.

It was working when I unloaded it and washed it 2 weeks ago, then the cat bumped the key and the battery drained, I installed the Guage relocation kit and then charged the battery back up.I have no warning lights. I have checked and re checked all connections and fuses. Could this of been caused by the dead battery and now it’s locked out?

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I have an issue that is causing me to pull my hair out.

2wd/i4wd switch does nothing
Dash stays with locked 2wd
Diagram will not change or register.

It was working when I unloaded it and washed it 2 weeks ago, then the cat bumped the key and the battery drained, I installed the Guage relocation kit and then charged the battery back up.I have no warning lights. I have checked and re checked all connections and fuses. Could this of been caused by the dead battery and now it’s locked out?
Get rid of the cat ! Get a DOG

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Have you driven it faster than 19 mph since the battery went dead? If not, do so for a little bit and see if that helps.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Maybe these will help.

Attachments

• I4wd_1.pdf
    252.2 KB · Views: 118
  • i4wd_2.pdf
    193.1 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: Blownzuki and CID
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know low voltage will make it not work, I did the same once, left the key on over night, the next morning it would only blink back and forth between 2 and 4 on the instrument cluster, and the i4wd drive light was on, I just drove it for a bit and at some point it turned itself off

Reactions: Blownzuki
S

Sxsguy1991

Apr 30, 2021
NC
Ownership

1. Talon R
I know low voltage will make it not work, I did the same once, left the key on over night, the next morning it would only blink back and forth between 2 and 4 on the instrument cluster, and the i4wd drive light was on, I just drove it for a bit and at some point it turned itself off
So far I don’t have the i4wd warning light nor will the dash indicate 4wdjust stays on 2wd lock.

we have swapped the switch with one from a working talon with no changed, have ohmed out connections and everything appears fine. I don’t have any power at the front diff (green connector) on either wire with switch turned to 4wd. Slowly chipping away over here 😂

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Make sure you are doing all your testing with the engine running. 4WD does nothing with KOEO.

Reactions: Blownzuki and BPINE
S

Sxsguy1991

Apr 30, 2021
NC
Ownership

1. Talon R
Got it fixed the blue wire in the main harness was pulled apart somehow I’m not sure, I think when I cut the tape to separate the winch power wires somehow I maybe cut the blue wire only threw the loom.

63BA2FB5 A9F3 4C38 AADC F4CC60319A42

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got it fixed the blue wire in the main harness was pulled apart somehow I’m not sure, I think when I cut the tape to separate the winch power wires somehow I maybe cut the blue wire only threw the loom.

View attachment 270074
I’m glad you found it and updated the thread. Enjoy it!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!