CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
My wording may have been poor. How can you make your speedometer and odometer accurate with oversize tires?
Not sure if the 500/520 is the same but on the Talon and P1K - speedoDRD makes a small electronic gizmo that corrects for tire size and gearing changes.

Anyone else know if the DRD will work on the 500/520?

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My wording may have been poor. How can you make your speedometer and odometer accurate with oversize tires?
Are you using the Mystery Rig (we say that cuz theres no pics yet)
On the road as in road /street legal?
#POIDH

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Donno what you are referring to.
You just joined and we welcomed you. Welcome from Michigan btw. We like pics of your rig (SXS)
When u join so we know your not a troll (most likely not a troll anyway🤔)
But we like pics its the first unwritten Gospel of the forum called #POIDH aka….
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

Its nicer than toilet hazing just sayin! 🤷‍♂️🤣🥳

P

Peair

Nov 13, 2022
Sudbury
Ownership

1. 500
Also wondering why u want to fix the speedo? If your using it on the farm or trail, dosnt really matter if your 1-3 mph off
The speedometer is affected but could be no big deal. Are they even accurate anyway?
The odometer is different. It adds miles to the total that over time give the impression that the machine has more wear and tear on it.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The speedometer is affected but could be no big deal. Are they even accurate anyway?
The odometer is different. It adds miles to the total that over time give the impression that the machine has more wear and tear on it.
To be honest, its not enough on these rigs the way we use them that ive ever heard or seen anyone making a fuss or giving a hoot even dealers. If they are there not saying anything. Frankly, your only one ive heard being concerned. On an automobile, maybe

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Larger tires would lower the speedo/odo reading, so it would be in your favor as the seller if that’s all you’re worried about.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Lowers the speed indicated but increases the odometer reading to the detriment of the seller.
If it lowers the indicated speed, how can it not lower the odo reading - the speedo is simply magnetically driven off of the odometer gearing - thereby lower speedo numbers will also equal lower odo numbers.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I would agree, the speedo is not that far off. at an indicated 39mph on the speedo, your P500/520 would be going at most 1mph faster with 26" tires. I have 27" tires and at best mine is off by 2-3mph at full speed. Anything lower than top speed is easily figured if you just round a bit.

Lets say you find your indicated top speed is 39 and if you were off by 2mph, just half both numbers and you would find at 20mph indicated on the speedo, you would be off by 1mph.

This is not enough to cause you any problems.

Rob

Reactions: FJC 79
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Recent ride of 24 miles; Critter on 27s measured 22...
Good example. My Talon’s odo on 30’s (stock 28’s) measures 3-4 miles lower, per 100 miles, than the GPS. I can’t be more accurate because it never mattered to me so I haven’t figured the exact disparity, but the odo is always lower than the GPS.

You made me figure it out, roughly - I just turned 9,000 miles + 3% = 9,270. Plus 4% = 9,360.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty335
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!