2nd battery install for dummies...

03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
I want to add a second battery to my 2020 700-4. I’ve read as much as I can here on the subject but the issue is I learn visually/hands on and reading a how to usually goes over my head. Wondering if someone can post a diagram or even pics of what goes where and what connects to what in order? 2nd battery? Fuse block? Relay? Grounds? How it connects to original battery?

Thanks!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Before you start. Break it up in 2 sections.

1 - second battery and isolator.
Get set up and working to eliminate confusion.

2 - fuse block and accessories.
This has nothing do do with a dual battery setup really. It is a add on to the second battery for a new circuits.

So many people get confused because they run it all together.

There are a few post. We have a good one showing second battery and isolator layout.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Note that the True isolator is ambidextrous, either battery to either power terminal, you can't hook it up backwards.

Reactions: ChadD and Isaiah
MuDSlinger

MuDSlinger

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2019
Richland, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So first step I guess is completed, on p1000..I will start with adding gauge that came with the kit I ordered from HSXS tomorow and.my fuses etc...when I will post pics so you can tell me where I screw up....

20200802 200631

Reactions: ChadD
MuDSlinger

MuDSlinger

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2019
Richland, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So first step I guess is completed, on p1000..I will start with adding gauge that came with the kit I ordered from HSXS tomorow and.my fuses etc...when I will post pics so you can tell me where I screw up....

View attachment 220113
Have I accomplished anything , is the second battery helping like this or is it just there?

Reactions: ChadD
hurld

hurld

Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2014
Have I accomplished anything , is the second battery helping like this or is it just there?
It's just there until you buy a fuse block and power it off the second battery. Once the fuse block is mounted you can power individual accessories off the block & install the proper fuse amperage depending on the draw of your accessory. Just keep in mind your accessories will be powered all the time. If you want to power them only with the key on you will need to buy a stinger which opens up another can of worms. Personally I have my accessories so they are powered all the time so I can have the radio, rock lights, backup lights, horn etc with the key off. The only accessory I have on key on power is my winch, which I have the winch signal wire tied to key on power.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

JoMa

JoMa

Mar 15, 2021
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Before you start. Break it up in 2 sections.

1 - second battery and isolator.
Get set up and working to eliminate confusion.

2 - fuse block and accessories.
This has nothing do do with a dual battery setup really. It is a add on to the second battery for a new circuits.

So many people get confused because they run it all together.

There are a few post. We have a good one showing second battery and isolator layout.
Seems simple after reading your comments, but thanks for the excellent advice cuz big picture is a bit humbling for us first timers!

Reactions: TripleB and ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!