Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Avoidance is solid risk management as well. As I said, the trails here haven’t shown any reason for me to prioritize it. It would be like putting on a snorkel for the 4 inches in the creek crossing. I get the potential for disaster, but it isn’t likely for the trails I’ve seen.
Don't buy that fire extinguisher until the house is on fire!

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
joshborton

joshborton

Apr 13, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Come on down to the TO at RRB Next weekend and RRB will change your mind on that ;) 🥳
I’m good, I ride to get away from people, not join up.
If giant rocks emerge from the ground while I’m driving, I’ll wish I had a better skid. I may have other issues in this Armageddon scenario, but this thread will be my first thought. Which one of you sells skid plates?

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’m good, I ride to get away from people, not join up.
That aint no way to be!
Thats what were all about here is group rides, camaraderie, gettting to know people and there rides so u can get help and Ideas and an occasional friendly free beer as long as its not Bud Lite🌈.

So At the TO you can ride by yourself If u wish, the only issue is If your stuck or on your side
(its bound to happen @RRB) you might be waiting a looooooong time for someone to come along and help just sayin. Now If its a Poo Poo Fire Trap (For those in Reo Linda thats a Polaris) that comes along best just let them go by and say like you said “Im good” cuz they might over heat and rupture a gas line and cause a 🔥
Then you’ll have a double wammy!
Best to ride with like minded friends ;)

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Which one of you sells skid plates?
None of us! Are you kidding? 😂 Them things are too big to sell out of your garage plus shipping would be a Bill Cosby! Basically a Rape!

You want @SuperATV
He will give you a little forum discount. Pro tip: when u message him, make sure to ask for the NTC 5 finger discount. There’s extra goodies with that one ;)

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
If you don't ride rocks or bushwhack, probably really no need for the aftermarket skid IMHO. You know your trails and it's your money. I know a lot of the guys around here that mud ride take that stock plate off right away so it doesn't just fill up with mud. They also have like 8' of ground clearance on tractor tires, so there's that...

That being said, take a peek at how close your oil pan is to that factory plastic "skid plate". Same for how close it is to the shift arm on your subtrans. Push up on it with your hands and you can probably make it contact them. Either of those take a shot from a stump/log/branch/whatever and you're out a lot more than the cost of an aftermarket skid plate.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
None of us! Are you kidding? 😂 Them things are too big to sell out of your garage plus shipping would be a Bill Cosby! Basically a Rape!

You want @SuperATV
He will give you a little forum discount. Pro tip: when u message him, make sure to ask for the NTC 5 finger discount. There’s extra goodies with that one ;)
@Hondasxs is recently a SuperATV dealer as well....... Might be worth a PM to him as well.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
@Hondasxs is recently a SuperATV dealer as well....... Might be worth a PM to him as well.
He's not interested in in a skid plate. He says he will wait until he breaks $1500 worth of parts before buying a skid plate AND replacing those parts. :)

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Same, I don't recall seeing an announcement thread. But seeing as bossman is a vendor, and superatv isn't. I personally would push people towards bossman. Just my opinion though.
There was a thread thats how i found it.

Acually @SuperATV comes up in blue vender thingie when he posts that means hes a vender If I remember correctly?
IMG 6313

I agree always buy from the bossman first if u can, but can he give us the discounts SATV gives us tho is the question?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!