P1000 30" or 32"?

DawgU

DawgU

Lifetime Member
Dec 20, 2022
Oakland TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just ordered 3" lift and front bumper from Texas Tough Customs for my '23 PK15 Forest (got upgraded tie rods, ball joints and Rhino axles) . Already ordered Fox shocks and 250/300lb springs. About to install TA skid plates. Trying to decide on tires, and I won't ask which tire (though I am a bit torn :)). Question is which size? They say I can put 32" with no spacers (if using 4:3 offset wheels), and I'm leaning that way, but I'm wondering if I'd be better off with 30's. Will be used primarily for duck hunting flooded fields (so mud is a given), but I'm also gonna find a way to get this thing on some trails too. Clearance matters - gotta get over levies in rice fields. - but don't see rock crawling in my future. Don't mind giving up a little speed, and think the 32's will look better - filling large gap created by TTC lift. Reason's I should go with 30's? Will 32's be harder on the suspension? Significantly impact likelihood of rubbing? I don't want problems.

FWIW I think I'm going with ITP Blackwater Evolutions, but if you have other suggestions I'll gladly listen.

As always, any input greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited:
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I had to cut my TA skids to clear my 30 inch blackwaters on stock wheels with super atv arms and fox shocks. The skids take away some clearance in the fender well area on full turns or full compression of the suspension. Your set up will be a little different but I will bet that the 32s will give you the same issues my 30s did with my set up. Probably not much help for you but that's all I got lol.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I had to cut my TA skids to clear my 30 inch blackwaters on stock wheels with super atv arms and fox shocks.
Same here with my 30" Tusk Aramid Terrabites on 15x7 Tusk Uintas with the same SATV A-Arms and Fox QS3 shocks. Cut close to 1" off the front of the skids on each side behind the front wheels. Oh, and the Aramids actually measure 29" overall, too, not 30".

Hell, I think you and I talked about me needing to do this @ Coke Oven in APR before we came back down for TO this year. 😄

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just ordered 3" lift and front bumper from Texas Tough Customs for my '23 PK15 Forest (got upgraded tie rods, ball joints and Rhino axles) . Already ordered Fox shocks and 250/300lb springs. About to install TA skid plates. Trying to decide on tires, and I won't ask which tire (though I am a bit torn :)). Question is which size? They say I can put 32" with no spacers (if using 4:3 offset wheels), and I'm leaning that way, but I'm wondering if I'd be better off with 30's. Will be used primarily for duck hunting flooded fields (so mud is a given), but I'm also gonna find a way to get this thing on some trails too. Clearance matters - gotta get over levies in rice fields. - but don't see rock crawling in my future. Don't mind giving up a little speed, and think the 32's will look better - filling large gap created by TTC lift. Reason's I should go with 30's? Will 32's be harder on the suspension? Significantly impact likelihood of rubbing? I don't want problems.

FWIW I think I'm going with ITP Blackwater Evolutions, but if you have other suggestions I'll gladly listen.

When you say "3 inch lift"....is that a bracket lift or you got their arms with the built in 3" lift? Also, if you're doing a lot of deep water/mud riding and want 32s I'd suggest some kind of a gear reduction (portals or IGR) the power loss associated with adding 32s AND pushing through mud A LOT will definitely burn up your clutches whey whey faster then you want. As far as clearance goes I can't be of much help with the TTC stuff, but if they say 32s will fit then I would hold them to it if that's what you want.......but one thing is "will fit" vs "they clear 100%"

Good luck 👍 post some pics when you have the set up

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Blackwater evolutions are awesome in the mud. Pretty good trail tire too. I love mine
Very durable as well. I have had the same set on my 2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS since 2015. Use it in the summer around the property as a workhorse and in the winter to plow snow. Great tire in all conditions on that machine.

DawgU

DawgU

Lifetime Member
Dec 20, 2022
Oakland TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When you say "3 inch lift"....is that a bracket lift or you got their arms with the built in 3" lift? Also, if you're doing a lot of deep water/mud riding and want 32s I'd suggest some kind of a gear reduction (portals or IGR) the power loss associated with adding 32s AND pushing through mud A LOT will definitely burn up your clutches whey whey faster then you want. As far as clearance goes I can't be of much help with the TTC stuff, but if they say 32s will fit then I would hold them to it if that's what you want.......but one thing is "will fit" vs "they clear 100%"

Good luck 👍 post some pics when you have the set up
Arms. 3.5” forward in front, 2.5” rear in back. Didn’t think about clutch! 30” may be the ticket. Thanks!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Blackwaters, great tires! I had two sets.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMO
30s are the largest I would use on a pioneer unless reduced gearing is added. Whether it be from portals or IGR.

I have recently put 30s on my machine and notice slightly less power. In low the machine still pulls thru whatever. I feel like anything larger than 30 is robbing too much power and putting too much strain on the driveline.

I use 30s at home and 28s on the trail. I like the vroom 28s give me.

That's just my opinion.

C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
Giphy
Like this?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

I hope the axels you ordered fit, first they have to have the tone ring for the I-4WD to work, and I hear the 23 splines are different at the hub for 23. I was reading on hear about someone else who's axles didn't fit his 23 model hubs.

You might be going down an expensive rabbit hole for tires.

DawgU

DawgU

Lifetime Member
Dec 20, 2022
Oakland TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hope the axels you ordered fit, first they have to have the tone ring for the I-4WD to work, and I hear the 23 splines are different at the hub for 23. I was reading on hear about someone else who's axles didn't fit his 23 model hubs.

You might be going down an expensive rabbit hole for tires.
Jared at Texas Tough Customs asked specifically about i4WD in regard to the axles. I’m definitely going down an expensive rabbit hole - and wheels and tires are the cheapest part :)

Trying hard to do it right and only do it once!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Jared at Texas Tough Customs asked specifically about i4WD in regard to the axles. I’m definitely going down an expensive rabbit hole - and wheels and tires are the cheapest part :)
Well, hope it works out for you, a lot of $$$ just to go 10 ft farther than 28" tires can take you.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!