HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
@NewHere2

I'm puzzled by your questions about a different generation of Honda canvas upper doors. The photographs I posted about two years ago of the upper door tube frame and shop made mirror mount bracket were taken by the man who designed and fabiricaed the brackets

I think his Honda is a 2016 or 2018. Not sure what year but it's older than mine.

The brackets that fit his earlier model doors fit mine also.

I don't know why Honda would manufacture different generations of doors.

Last edited:
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@NewHere2

I'm puzzled by your questions about a different generation of Honda canvas upper doors. The photographs I posted about two years ago of the upper door tube frame and shop made mirror mount bracket were taken by the man who designed and fabiricaed the brackets

I think his Honda is a 2016 or 2018. Not sure what year but it's older than mine.

I don't know why different Honda would manufacture different generations of doors.
Yes Honda released a gen 2 soft door. IIRC it had nothing to do with model years but was to improve the soft doors.

NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
@NewHere2

I don't know why different Honda would manufacture different generations of doors.
I remember reading about a couple of changes Honda made. Think one change involved how the windows zipped. Just trying to confirm the info.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Well . . . I know nothing about changes to the Honda Pioneer upper doors but . . .

Fact # 1. my Honda is an early production 2021.

Fact # 2. my machinist friend who fabricated the mirror bracket has an earlier Pioneer

Fact # 3. his brackets fit his early version as well as my later version

Consclusion: It's not certain but I think it's reasonable to conclude if a change was made it did not effect the design, size, or shape of the tube frame.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fact DJBam Truth was a lie
Fact anytime someone post “fact” I laugh and am reminded of my opinion that DJBam is a douchebag 🤷🏻‍♂️

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well . . . I know nothing about changes to the Honda Pioneer upper doors but . . .

Fact # 1. my Honda is an early production 2021.

Fact # 2. my machinist friend who fabricated the mirror bracket has an earlier Pioneer

Fact # 3. his brackets fit his early version as well as my later version

Consclusion: It's not certain but I think it's reasonable to conclude if a change was made it did not effect the design, size, or shape of the tube frame.

Looks like they added a seal according to the above thread

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5

🦭

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X

How would possibly adding a seal that is not apparent in any photos provided have any bearing on attaching a fabricated plate to the tube frame in order to mount Honda mirrors?

• Haha
Reactions: NTCPrezJB
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How would possibly adding a seal that is not apparent in any photos provided have any bearing on attaching a fabricated plate to the tube frame in order to mount Honda mirrors?
I didn’t say anything about it interfering. I tried to help clarify what the noticed change was in the gen 2 Honda doors. The linked thread talks about some other changes as well. However still nothing that interferes with the plate you are referring to.

Reactions: ChadD and trigger
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was that door modified to accept the mirror? I saw a post at one time where someone had mounted a plate in the corner of the canvass upper to mount a mirror.
I searched high and low for mirrors that could be used with my rouge power screen front and the oem gen 1 soft uppers and flip out.

These extend far enough out the you can see out the passenger side and are removable. They also retract enough to be used in the summer and not look goofy. Easy to remove for trail riding.

Reactions: ChadD and NTCPrezJB
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any idea what Gen of doors those are ?
Compared to my known gen 1s @HBarlow s look like gen2. Mine don’t have that front stabilizer like the seismic and the gen2 have.

To remedy this I simply run a bungee strap across the top inside of the cab to hook the tops of the doors if I’m going storming down the highway with the soft uppers on.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@NewHere2

Both of the machines you had in the pictures have the same upper door.

Reactions: ChadD and NTCPrezJB
Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Compared to my known gen 1s @HBarlow s look like gen2. Mine don’t have that front stabilizer like the seismic and the gen2 have.

To remedy this I simply run a bungee strap across the top inside of the cab to hook the tops of the doors if I’m going storming down the highway with the soft uppers on.
I riveted a material strap to the upper corner of the inside of the door frame. I then put the female end of a snap on the other end of the strap. Installed the male portion of the snap in the roll cage with a screw. Securing the top of the door is just a matter of installing the strap. I also upgrade that velcro strap on the top of the door to a better grade of velcro so it holds also.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!