Thanks in advance

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the seizmik upper doors on my 1000-5. They work great. They have a metal tab on the frame for your mirrors to mount. Don't know if the honda doors do?
20220410 110444

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had Honda soft doors on my 700, they worked good with my mirrors. Dealer was great with warranty on a failed zipper!
I have Honda hard doors on my 1000, I can't (don't want to) remember how much they were, but they are awesome. They seal better than soft doors, and I love the roll down windows

Reactions: Remington and ChadD
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Honda Doors

Fit Better

And Look Better

IMO than Seizmik

If they cost the same there

Go Honda!

Reactions: ChadD and HBarlow
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I agree with Remington above. The canvas fabric on the Honda brand upper doors fits snugly and neatly on the frames with no wrinkles or air leaks.

The OEM lower hard doors don't fit tightly, of course, but I installed automotive door rubber seals around the lower halves of the doors.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the Honda soft upper doors and have not been able to get an RH outside mirror that will give driver visibility and not interfere with the door operation

Reactions: ChadD
Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Was that door modified to accept the mirror? I saw a post at one time where someone had mounted a plate in the corner of the canvass upper to mount a mirror.

Reactions: ChadD
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Was that door modified to accept the mirror? I saw a post at one time where someone had mounted a plate in the corner of the canvass upper to mount a mirror.
Yes. The thread you saw was probably mine.

A machinist friend fabricated a pair of bracket for his Pioneer. He very generously made a set for me also.

It's a relatively simple design. I posted the photos and steps to install. Just peel the canvas off and down to reveal the tubing frame and securely attach a flat plate bracket in the front lower corner of each door frame.

Both of my mirrors can be easily seen from driver's seat. They are secure, don't vibrate or wobble, and never require readjustgment.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I have the Honda door uppers, side panels and Honda rear soft panel. They help considering the machine seems to have been made from window screen.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes. The thread you saw was probably mine.

A machinist friend fabricated a pair of bracket for his Pioneer. He very generously made a set for me also.

It's a relatively simple design. I posted the photos and steps to install. Just peel the canvas off and down to reveal the tubing frame and securely attach a flat plate bracket in the front lower corner of each door frame.

Both of my mirrors can be easily seen from driver's seat. They are secure, don't vibrate or wobble, and never require readjustgment.
That must be the newer design of door upper as I see there is a bracket on the front upper corner and a corner piece in the lower front. Mine do not have that. Looks great!

Last edited:
Reactions: NewHere2 and ChadD
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
That must be the newer design of door upper as I see there is a bracket on the front upper corner and a corner piece in the lower front. Mine do not have that. Looks great!
My Pioneer is a 2021 purchased (I think) in December 2020 or January 2021. The Honda upper doors may have been in stock fokr an unknown period.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!