P500 4wd remains illuminated in 2wd?

Jetdude

Jetdude

Apr 10, 2018
Washington
Ownership

1. 500
So,
Just got home with my 2016 p500 which I bought from the original owner 64 miles...wow
The 4wd remains illuminated on the display in 2wd. Any ideas.

Reactions: Gassygordo
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
So,
Just got home with my 2016 p500 which I bought from the original owner 64 miles...wow
The 4wd remains illuminated on the display in 2wd. Any ideas.
Mine does this when the cable that actuates the 4wd doesnt slide all the way back into the cable sheath, if that makes any sense. Lol. Pop the hood, locate where the 4wd lever goes through the dash, see where the cable hooks to the lever, i cant remember exactly how it looks, its been a while since it did it. Once you see it, it will be self explanitory.

Reactions: Gassygordo
Jetdude

Jetdude

Apr 10, 2018
Washington
Ownership

1. 500
Mine does this when the cable that actuates the 4wd doesnt slide all the way back into the cable sheath, if that makes any sense. Lol. Pop the hood, locate where the 4wd lever goes through the dash, see where the cable hooks to the lever, i cant remember exactly how it looks, its been a while since it did it. Once you see it, it will be self explanitory.
I’ll give it a look thanks!

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I’ll give it a look thanks!
No prob. If nothing is evident under the hood i guess the next spot to check would be where the cable goes down and hooks to the tranny/engine. The couple times ive had the issue though it has been under the hood at the lever/cable junction. I also out of habit always drive in reverse and turn my wheels side to side after i put it back in 2wd. Habit from unlocking hubs on 4wd truck.

Jetdude

Jetdude

Apr 10, 2018
Washington
Ownership

1. 500
Okay Everyone the pic is my new ride. Really need your ideas on what triggers the 4wd indication on the display. I’ve checked the cable attachment on both ends and everything functions normal. Adjustment appears correct and both 2wd and 4wd function is normal. The manual says that when the handle is in 2wd, the “4wd” indicator should be off. Mine remains illuminated. My thought is the switch/trigger for the light is stuck,however I can’t find it.
Please respond if you all have any ideas.

Thanks

G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
1 0Number 3.

Jetdude

Jetdude

Apr 10, 2018
Washington
Ownership

1. 500
Thank you so much...
So I guess they built mine on Friday at quitting time. The switch was never wired up at all. I found the wire stuffed in one of the holes for the attachment pin in the forward floor pan. Wedged it out, fixed the socket and attached it to the switch. Now it works great! I couldn't have done it without your schematic...Thanks again

C

Chooglin

Thank you so much...
So I guess they built mine on Friday at quitting time. The switch was never wired up at all. I found the wire stuffed in one of the holes for the attachment pin in the forward floor pan. Wedged it out, fixed the socket and attached it to the switch. Now it works great! I couldn't have done it without your schematic...Thanks again
See how awesome this forum is :) someone is always ready to jump in and help !

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!