P500 Twings, Vines, etc...getting lodged in the rear wheel hub. This normal?

R

Rob2218

Nov 6, 2023
edgewater florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 500
getting circular, viney twigs stuck in the rear wheel hub area, deep at the hub. Is this normal or is it just cause that's the kinda vegetation that I have on my farm and it likes getting rotated and stuck around those hubs. It's like when a data chord (thin) get stuck around the spinning head of the weedeater...kinda like that.

WHEEL HUB CONCERN 01

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I have never noticed a problem with that in the 7 years I have owned my P5, but I will admit that the number of times I have checked inside my rear hubs, I could probably count on one hand.:) I do drive though a lot of vegetation, but not many vines.

R

Rob2218

Nov 6, 2023
edgewater florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 500
I have never noticed a problem with that in the 7 years I have owned my P5, but I will admit that the number of times I have checked inside my rear hubs, I could probably count on one hand.:) I do drive though a lot of vegetation, but not many vines.
yes, those vines, or birds next Thrasher nests are a nightmare, vines everywhere...all over the hub.

Reactions: Smitty335
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
yes, those vines, or birds next Thrasher nests are a nightmare, vines everywhere...all over the hub.

Dang! Rob, you need to move to Oklahoma. Plenty of room here. No vine problems and we're one of the few states where the cows outnumber the people. None of them "Thrasher nightmare birds" either. Our state bird is the "Sissor-tailed Flycatcher, and the female builds her nest out of cigarette filters.

"She builds a cup-shaped nest with an outer layer of, grass stems, and debris such as string, cloth, paper, or even cigarette filters. The nest is lined with softer materials, then the female lays four to six eggs. Once her clutch is complete, the female fiercely defends the area around her nest. Both sexes are extremely territorial during the breeding season and will attack intruders many times their size, including larger birds such as Red-tailed and Swainson's Hawks."

None of them pesky alligators either. Our State Reptile is the Mountain Boomer Lizard. Less than a foot long and runs around on its hind legs. Does not bite , as far as I know.;)

Last edited:
R

Rob2218

Nov 6, 2023
edgewater florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 500
Dang! Rob, you need to move to Oklahoma. Plenty of room here. No vine problems and we're one of the few states where the cows outnumber the people. None of them "Thrasher nightmare birds" either. Ours state bird is the "Sissor-tailed Flycatcher, and the female builds her nest out of cigarette filters.

"She builds a cup-shaped nest with an outer layer of, grass stems, and debris such as string, cloth, paper, or even cigarette filters. The nest is lined with softer materials, then the female lays four to six eggs. Once her clutch is complete, the female fiercely defends the area around her nest. Both sexes are extremely territorial during the breeding season and will attack intruders many times their size, including larger birds such as Red-tailed and Swainson's Hawks."

None of them pesky alligators either. Our State Reptile is the Mountain Boomer Lizard. Less than a foot long and runs around on its hind legs. Does not bite , as far as I know.;)
Sounds like a great place....Oklahoma...well, maybe some day I'll visit it. I grew up in South Florida, moved to DC (loathed it), then moved to San Diego (paradise on earth), then back to south FL, then back to Potomac, MD, then to LA and now in central FL. I enjoy the dry, mid-west type climate. Arrid, dry never rains type weather. We moved to central FL cause that's were my wifes job took us. So be it............I guess I'll just keep checking every so often the rear and front hubs...make sure those dang vines aren't jammin that area. Thanks for the offer to move to Oklahoma.......much appreciated Pard.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
getting circular, viney twigs stuck in the rear wheel hub area, deep at the hub. Is this normal or is it just cause that's the kinda vegetation that I have on my farm and it likes getting rotated and stuck around those hubs. It's like when a data chord (thin) get stuck around the spinning head of the weedeater...kinda like that.

View attachment 409397
You'll be ok bud, that's NOTHING......could be worse 😂🤷‍♂️
Output image1664742155178
20221002 1546322

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Looks like a alligator nest.🐊
😂😂😂 There might've been one around 🤷‍♂️😂

That was just east of Lake Okeechobee a cpl days after hurricane Ian last year. So lots of flooding and what looked like half the pine needles in the state of Florida all at once on the ground 🙄. Was a fun ride though, ever single trail had at least 8" of water 🙂

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
I think you are just dealing with the weird weeds that grow in Florida. I have to clean-out rag weed stems, broom grass and other assorted weed debris from the underside and suspension of my P5 from running the fields around my house with it. I've not had any weed "nests" build up in the hub area, but we don't have something small and shaped like those weeds here in Michigan.

I think it will be OK.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!