BOX1

P500 Is this crack normal?

K

kjdocs

Dec 13, 2021
Louisianna
Ownership

1. 520
Is that space / crack in the crank case there normal? 2B9CCEB7 734F 45C9 9A77 4E4966415CE6

K

kjdocs

Dec 13, 2021
Louisianna
Ownership

1. 520
Thanks, I hadn't noticed it before, i was carefully power washing it when i noticed and thought it just looked suspect. I'll go with the two legit responses that it's normal.

I'm not a mechanically inclined, or experienced with toys of this nature :) I'm already nervous about doing the break-in oil change, with the crazy panel removal and what not. Don't judge we all have our talents.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks, I hadn't noticed it before, i was carefully power washing it when i noticed and thought it just looked suspect. I'll go with the two legit responses that it's normal.

I'm not a mechanically inclined, or experienced with toys of this nature :) I'm already nervous about doing the break-in oil change, with the crazy panel removal and what not. Don't judge we all have our talents.
The first oil change is kind of a pain in the fanny, but easy after that. If you have not already, get a package of plastic rivets and a removal tool. It will save some additonal swearing. :)

Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500

Like a couple others said it is normal I just took a look at mine and figured I'd get back to you like I said I would ;-). Just take your time with the oil change you'll do just fine. The removal tool and a bag of extra plastic rivets is definitely great advice. If you don't get a removal tool just use a screw driver to pry up the center of the rivet and then pry up the base. Nice and easy and you won't break any. I bought a couple of packages of extras due to a stick almost coming through the drivers side floor board and breaking a couple. Haven't had an issue with breaking any during an oil change.
Make sure you use the proper sized screw driver with the phillips head screws. Some have said theirs were in very tight and wound up stripping them. Mine weren't super tight thankfully. Congrats on the new machine you'll love it more each time you ride.

K

kjdocs

Dec 13, 2021
Louisianna
Ownership

1. 520
Break in oil change complete. First two screws weren’t super tight. Third was a different story. Had to run to town to get a longer #3 screwdriver and with some careful effort that did the trick. I had the rivet tool, but I did somehow manage to lose one. I’ll order some extras tomorrow.

I did manage to put the panel back in screws, rivets, and all tight, and realized I didn’t fish the computer plugs through their cut out. So I got to take it all off a 2nd time.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I would say that you did pretty well. Only lost one rivet, and got a little extra practice time on disassembly. 👍 Heck, I once spent almost half a day trying to get one of the bolts out of the battery cover to install a charging pigtail. :mad: Hopefully they fixed that problem.

T Bone

T Bone

Mar 30, 2021
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. 500

They did a valve adjustment on my 1st oil change/service. You might let the dealer do the 1st one.

Reactions: rtn001
L

lukebuz

Jun 22, 2020
Bowling Green, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Re: Oil change.... Cut a hole through the plastic panels for easy access. Cover with rubber flap. Done and Done! There is a thread somewhere on here.

Reactions: monbecca and Lady01
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!