P500 Is this crack normal?

J

JosephKeele

Feb 10, 2021
Basin WY
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, that is a normal feature in the casting. nothing to worry about.
I had a operating to look at mine and yes it does have the same
Like a couple others said it is normal I just took a look at mine and figured I'd get back to you like I said I would ;-). Just take your time with the oil change you'll do just fine. The removal tool and a bag of extra plastic rivets is definitely great advice. If you don't get a removal tool just use a screw driver to pry up the center of the rivet and then pry up the base. Nice and easy and you won't break any. I bought a couple of packages of extras due to a stick almost coming through the drivers side floor board and breaking a couple. Haven't had an issue with breaking any during an oil change.
Make sure you use the proper sized screw driver with the phillips head screws. Some have said theirs were in very tight and wound up stripping them. Mine weren't super tight thankfully. Congrats on the new machine you'll love it more each time you ride.
Is that space / crack in the crank case there normal?View attachment 318766
Mine does have the same and I am sure its normal.

Reactions: Morpheus

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!