P1000 4WD

D

DMZ

Feb 19, 2016
Georgia
Hello Everyone

Can any tell me if the Pioneer 1000 has true 4wd meaning all 4 wheels pulling simultaneously all the time when 4wd is locked in.

Reactions: Hondasxs
CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has true 4x4 for now, on the base model... we will see how long that lasts though lol.

D

DMZ

Feb 19, 2016
Georgia
The reaseon I am asking as I was watching a utube video of what I think is a Pioneer 500 may have been a 700 on a hill climb and one of the front wheel was off the ground spinning and the other front wheel which was on the ground was not spinning. I just question what I was seeing regarding to true 4 wd.

Reactions: cschomber63
Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The 1000 has a diff lock that I know for sure works. Not sure about the 500 and 700 though

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Yes in 4 wheel diff lock all wheels pull regardless of which one is on or off the ground. The first time we took our 1000-5 sport model out my wife was driving i said don't go that way, what she heard let's go that way we got so stuck the only thing that got us out was 4 wheel diff lock. We were so deep driver side was on the frame and passenger rear tire was covered to top i said oh S%&T get out let me see if I can fix this mess, 2wd lock we spun, 4 wheel drive we moved a little then spun, 4 wheel diff lock in reverse I hammered it and launched out of the hole.

Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes in 4 wheel diff lock all wheels pull regardless of which one is on or off the ground. The first time we took our 1000-5 sport model out my wife was driving i said don't go that way, what she heard let's go that way we got so stuck the only thing that got us out was 4 wheel diff lock. We were so deep driver side was on the frame and passenger rear tire was covered to top i said oh S%&T get out let me see if I can fix this mess, 2wd lock we spun, 4 wheel drive we moved a little then spun, 4 wheel diff lock in reverse I hammered it and launched out of the hole.
I have been intentionally trying to get stuck out on my property lol... have not got stuck yet though

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

advertisement
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I have only used 4 wheel different lock twice, the second time i was stuck on swamp cabbage I was hung up bad. I play in sand and mud in turf or 2wd lock when I take my friends out they are impressed with how well it pulls along in turf mode through deep sand and mud.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was using the 4-wheel dif lock while doing rock climbing and when I was pretty well stuck last Friday in a rut that @drfubar fixed for good with his handy axe!! I'm amazed at where these machines can go...

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was using the 4-wheel dif lock while doing rock climbing and when I was pretty well stuck last Friday in a rut that @drfubar fixed for good with his handy axe!! I'm amazed at where these machines can go...
In all seriousness, it is nice to be able to say, "I made it through that mud hole, or over those rocks with 2 wheel lock", but I normally use 4 wheel lock in those situations to ease the strain on the drive train and over all the machine.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In all seriousness, it is nice to be able to say, "I made it through that mud hole, or over those rocks with 2 wheel lock", but I normally use 4 wheel lock in those situations to ease the strain on the drive train and over all the machine.
not @joeymt33 ... he has 4 wheel drive, but he's "saving it"... (=

cschomber63

cschomber63

Nov 14, 2016
Beloit
5 gallons of apple moonshine to give away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I rode a lot, probably most of the time in 2-wheel lock but didn't hesitate shifting to 4-wheel or 4-wheel dif lock it I though necessary. Like you, I figure when get the Hell out of the drive train if I can just ease on through the difficult situations!

Hell, @Delton went 99% of the way up the big rock hill in 2-wheel drive, broke down and went 4-wheel on the big rock at the top, but he is a REAL STUD! LOL

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!