Multi 5-12-15 - 2016 Honda SxS Lineup Announcement!

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
So was this official info, will there be 2 sxss and should we still get all the info in june???

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@catman , not "official" but HondaProKevin is a trusted source and usually in the know.

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
Now i see the highlighted yellow area, june 12th. release info on 2 new sxs, this should be intresting!!!!

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
After looking at the honda prokevin post again, the pictures of what appears to be the frontend of the little 500 pioneer seems to have a fenderflare builtin. I wonder if this might not be a 700 version of the 50 incher!!!! There is a reason there not showing the whole pictures on this post, maybe we will see a coulple remakes of the 500 and 700 pioneers i hope it's a little deeper than that!!!

Last edited:
HondaProKevin

HondaProKevin

May 19, 2015
Chattanooga TN
www.HondaProKevin.com
* * EDIT * *

That post on my blog was posted on May 11th (5-11-2015) in preparation for the announcement on May 12th (5-12-15). I can't believe I made that big of a typo error (Accidentally typed June, instead of May) when putting the date for the announcement. I didn't make an error on the time though haha, just off on the months when typing thinking that we were a month ahead. * At the bottom of that blog post I did put an "Update" because it ended up being delayed and only the Africa Twin / CRF1000L had its official release.
Like I mentioned in the post.

Our Honda Reps are driving them now with multiple demos scheduled over the coming weeks. Our next Redline (Dealer release videos from Honda) hasn't been scheduled yet but I will post those video release date details again like I did with this announcement prior to them airing. That way you guys will know when more model releases are coming. They are releasing more 2016 Africa Twin / CRF1000L info to us in Q3 so if I was a betting man the SxS info will come at the same time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hondasxs
H

HAM hunter

Jan 31, 2014
HondaProKevin,

Are you saying that there will be no more new model news until Q3? So we won't hear anything until earliest July but potentially August or September? Or have I misread your message this morning? Thank you for sharing what you are able to. These are big purchases for some of us that we will live with the ramifications from for 3-5+ years so having the best info available at the time is important. Thanks again.
-Shawn-

Reactions: catman
HondaProKevin

HondaProKevin

May 19, 2015
Chattanooga TN
www.HondaProKevin.com
Typically, that's when Honda releases the Redline videos to dealers (every quarter). It's not an exact science though as Honda has went against the "normal" and popped things on us without notice in regards to news / updates that were a complete surprise. It is a rarity though as ever since the economy crashed in 2008 and Honda did away with dealer conventions and replace them with the Redline series that have been pretty good about its schedule. It's hard to say on the exact date just yet, as the big wigs will make that final decision but I'm betting it will be in that time span going from history. If it were a 2-wheeled machine I'd say it would be put off until the EICMA show as they have delayed releases to sync up with that show as a big unveil but with this being a SxS I don't see them doing that which is an upside. Thank you for saying "thank you", it's greatly appreciated as this is something I do in my spare time. I do it for the love of the industry. I always try to be as helpful as possible because if the roles were reversed I would want to know, like you said it is a big purchase.

If they follow suit with 99% of previous announcements, dealers will have a notification of that Redline video 2-3 weeks prior to its release.

If you're not in a huge hurry to purchase a new SxS, I would wait... We don't know what just yet BUT something is coming... Personally, I've got my money waiting to throw down the second the info is released to us haha.

I found out in years passed how "they" watch what I said on my old Blog about model releases etc via my Honda Rep. Because of this I do have to tread lightly, as I do love what I do and don't want to ruffle any feathers but I will keep you guys posted with what I can.

HondaProKevin,

Are you saying that there will be no more new model news until Q3? So we won't hear anything until earliest July but potentially August or September? Or have I misread your message this morning? Thank you for sharing what you are able to. These are big purchases for some of us that we will live with the ramifications from for 3-5+ years so having the best info available at the time is important. Thanks again.
-Shawn-

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
Talked to a different honda dealer yesterday that said his rep was up to something but he didn't quite let the whole cat out of the bag, but was grumbling about a superduty utility machine!!!!

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Talked to a different honda dealer yesterday that said his rep was up to something but he didn't quite let the whole cat out of the bag, but was grumbling about a superduty utility machine!!!!
Yippee...just exactly what I am waiting for. I really hope we don't have to wait until the end of summer. I really need a new Honda now....:)

Mpnoonan

Mpnoonan

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Northeast Nebraska
Appreciate your input HondaProKevin! It's nice to know what Hondas strategy is when it comes to releasing their new items.

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
Like i said in an earlyer post, either you have the machines comming or you don't, and i realize there are probably legalities we don't realize with the release of new machines but i think true HONDA fans have waited long enough. I just don't understand why thdey don't tell us now what and when can buy this machine for the serious potential buyers!!! BECAUSE ELI'S COMMING little motorcross pun, glad too see him winning!!!!

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
Well honda sxs club, from what I see on utv underground and other forms. Yamaha and can am are releasing 2016 atv and sxs. Can am maverick now has a updated turbo and engine kicking out a 131 hp. New bold colors. Kawasaki just release there new tyrex with new graphics. I hope honda steps up. Hope the announcement comes sooner that later. Come on HONDA . Give us some info

Reactions: catman
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well honda sxs club, from what I see on utv underground and other forms. Yamaha and can am are releasing 2016 atv and sxs. Can am maverick now has a updated turbo and engine kicking out a 131 hp. New bold colors. Kawasaki just release there new tyrex with new graphics. I hope honda steps up. Hope the announcement comes sooner that later. Come on HONDA . Give us some info

My predictions for Honda's Announcement:

No Turbo, No graphics, no bold colors, no tilt wheel, no turf mode, no additional accessories outside the range currently offered.

Detuned version of the African Twin, larger version of the 700-4 not a sport model. Maybe a 1000-5? Dual range 3 speed trans? Maybe EPS?

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My predictions for Honda's Announcement:

No Turbo, No graphics, no bold colors, no tilt wheel, no turf mode, no additional accessories outside the range currently offered.

Detuned version of the African Twin, larger version of the 700-4 not a sport model. Maybe a 1000-5? Dual range 3 speed trans? Maybe EPS?

That's exactly what I need. Just a solid hardworking machine with a real transmission. I don't need lots more speed or acceleration, just plenty of power to haul loads of firewood and rocks up hills and pull equipment around some tough areas day in and day out. I am just waiting to buy and it will be a Honda. It's killing me like a kid having to wait.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's exactly what I need. Just a solid hardworking machine with a real transmission. I don't need lots more speed or acceleration, just plenty of power to haul loads of firewood and rocks up hills and pull equipment around some tough areas day in and day out. I am just waiting to buy and it will be a Honda. It's killing me like a kid having to wait.

As long as its good for trail riding TOO!
Those that need the Kubota SxS Tractor have their machine.

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
Looks like yamaha is throwing hints out already with their new teaser video, comming in September 2015, showing roost off the rear tires of a sxs dusting what appears to be a rzr, come on Honda it's time to give us something to grasp on too!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
131HP yep no need for that!! I'd kill myself on that thing. I just like to roll down the trail with one in the cup holder!:cool:

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
And with that being said yes product release does need to pick it up! Right @ohanacreek LOL poke poke:D

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!