Multi 5-12-15 - 2016 Honda SxS Lineup Announcement!

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
well if they do I guess ill need a bigger trailer.

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
Wooooooo getting closer to that midnight announcement. I don't want to get my hopes up. Hard not. I hope we all get what we ask for , if not hope it's something that would out do the yamaha wolverine r spec...

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
Ok guys, last chance to guess or speculate what we might see if any thing from honda, i shure hope there is at least some news on what's comming down the pike, i would even be intrested a direct competiter for the wolverine if it has the right features!!!!

Mpnoonan

Mpnoonan

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Northeast Nebraska
Is the announcement for sure midnight? If so, what time zone? I might have to stay up for this! Lol

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Well folks.
Word is Honda has chosen to delay the announcement till next month and instead choosing to only release info on a mixed batch of returning and unchanged motorcycle models to mostly include the 2016 CRF line!
What brings confusion is that the Honda News site updated with only 2 of the 5 expected news stories of which notice was given. Also powersports.honda.com is lagging to update as it normally would with the new model announcement.
Looking back through our notes and staring at the Pioneer grill tease posted this week, we can only hope this means BIG NEWS come June! Stay tuned....
Homeslide1

Here are the 2 Honda News Stories:
2016 CFR line - http://www.hondanews.com/powersports/releases/honda-crf-models-return-for-2016
Environmental Leadership Program - http://www.hondanews.com/powersport...t-dealers-in-environmental-leadership-program

Last edited:
C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
This is realy stupid, next month now what's the differance, either you have the machines or you don't, honda can't afford to play cat and mouse with potential buyers, honda is still exactly who i thought they were until they prove otherwise. I will probably test drive a new wolverine this weekend!!!!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Your looking at the answer the Africa Twin hooked to a reverse / low and high range gear box would make a great utv.
Honda finally posted a lead that we have been looking for. We know that the Honda Pioneer 1000 will be powered by a parallel twin engine. Honda posting the "coming soon" announcement on the Africa Twin tells us that Honda has almost, if not already, finished producing the newest motor in there off-road collection. But it could also mean they have ran into some delays too!
Info on the Twin Cylinder Pioneer can be found here - http://hondasxs.com/threads/rumor-honda-produces-twin-cylinder-pioneer.2122/
2016 Africa Twin HPHthumb

Info on the African Twin - http://powersports.honda.com/africatwin.aspx

advertisement
C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
HONDA'S power of dreams slogan needs to turn into reality soon, they seem to be losing ground to even YAMAHA already not to mention polaris and some others, they better have some very nice machines on the way to realy get in the sxs game!!!!

York0044

York0044

Mar 26, 2015
Where do you see in this article that they are bringing a Pioneer 1000 out?? Im wanting a pioneer just waiting for the 2016 announcement. Dont want to buy a 700 if there is a 1000 in the makes! just tired of the waiting!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where do you see in this article that they are bringing a Pioneer 1000 out?? Im wanting a pioneer just waiting for the 2016 announcement. Dont want to buy a 700 if there is a 1000 in the makes! just tired of the waiting!

From everything that's out there, the SXS announcement was supposed to be this morning at midnight PST, Honda must not have all the bugs ironed out with production lines or something so supposedly they're waiting until June to announce.

I just wish they would do it at noon instead of midnight.

Reactions: catman
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
From everything that's out there, the SXS announcement was supposed to be this morning at midnight PST, Honda must not have all the bugs ironed out with production lines or something so supposedly they're waiting until June to announce.

I just wish they would do it at noon instead of midnight.

Ohanacreek, I think the information will be the same the next day at noon as the night before when it gets posted. Just say’in…

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ohanacreek, I think the information will be the same the next day at noon as the night before when it gets posted. Just say’in…

True enough but what's the point of releasing info at midnight when the majority of potential customers (people with jobs) are asleep? We want the info now!! Haha!

As frustrating as this is it seems it most likely means there are some big changes that didn't progress as quickly as Honda hoped. Why would you postpone the announcement if the only change was a new color or something very basic like that? I guess time will tell.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
True enough but what's the point of releasing info at midnight when the majority of potential customers (people with jobs) are asleep? We want the info now!! Haha!.

Probably so if there is a major malfunction with the webpage it has a minimal reach. You know in case someone had released ALL the info for the SxS1200-5 R-Spec instead of just the teaser.

As frustrating as this is it seems it most likely means there are some big changes that didn't progress as quickly as Honda hoped. Why would you postpone the announcement if the only change was a new color or something very basic like that? I guess time will tell.

Maybe they got several dozen truckloads of pink plastic raw material for the SXS2000-6 Formula X-Type instead of the planned color?

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
You will probably see another new yamaha and the rumored new 900 polaris scramlerx sxs before you see anything from honda, this is very dissapointing. Talked to my honda dealership owner friend this morning and he said he's very discuraged himself!!!

Reactions: Springer
G

GranTorino

May 6, 2015
If we seen anything new....
My guess is a 700cc "rough terrain" machine, 2 seat, 3 speed with low range, tilt steering, diff lock, cruise control, AC, @ $12k.
Oh.. led headlights, high/low. 3238b68a84e1beb3746135eba1056ff6
Are you thinking still about 50" wide for this rig?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!