HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Towing double trailers is prohibited in some states. In those states a state trooper will order it parked.

Towing a narrow trailer the driver cannot see in his rear view mirrors and is swaying side to side is a recipe for a disaster. it's almost impossible to back (absolutely impossible with a wife standing back there directing).

A ramp in the pickup bed to effectively shorten the buggy along with tailgate removal is your best option.

Reactions: Mudder
Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I installed a Curt adjustable hitch bolted to the frame of my camper, works great!
B773B8C6 7F53 4164 89C6 34C3AA95F3FF

Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
D

Dtreat

May 6, 2020
Hayward, California
Ownership

1. 500
Hey All,

So here is my dilemma. Ford F-150 Crew Cab, 22’ Bumper-Pull RV Trailer, P520 UTV:
  • Although the UTV can get into the bed of the truck; problem is you are unable to close the tailgate to clear the RV Trailer electric jack assembly
  • I do have an trailer, but concerned about the double towing and navigating the Unitas camping sites
  • Although I have found some options; they are quite pricey ($5K+) such as the swivel trailer for RVs and UTV Bed Racks for Trucks
Are there any other ideas/options? Thanks in advance!
I just built this to haul my P-500 and pull my 28 ft travel trailer. Cost about $200.00 if you can
weld it yourself.
Hey All,

So here is my dilemma. Ford F-150 Crew Cab, 22’ Bumper-Pull RV Trailer, P520 UTV:
  • Although the UTV can get into the bed of the truck; problem is you are unable to close the tailgate to clear the RV Trailer electric jack assembly
  • I do have an trailer, but concerned about the double towing and navigating the Unitas camping sites
  • Although I have found some options; they are quite pricey ($5K+) such as the swivel trailer for RVs and UTV Bed Racks for Trucks
I just built this to haul my P-500 and pull my 28 ft travel trailer. Cost about $275.00 if you can weld it yourself.

6178E295 7D82 4C49 A535 FF3D62EEC67F

Jetsaround1

Jetsaround1

Sep 3, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
get yourself a pair of ratcheting tailgate supports I got a pair at 4 wheel parts for $60 they normally retail for over $200

Reactions: Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Just build some ramps to put against the front of the bed and drive up them so your front tires are cab high or so then close tailgate.
If so, better secure very good in case of an accident.

Robertb52

Robertb52

Feb 13, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
Peter_72; you are the man! Great pic. That is one avenue I am seriously contemplating. I did install a rear camera when I went with my most resent RV and I love it. Feel a lot better when changing lanes and backing into spots. BTW, where you at in Louisiana? I used to live in Bossier City for 8 years in my military days (Barksdale AFB).

Dtreat; you also the man!. Unfortunately I can weld, but don’t have a welder or access to one anymore. I have also contemplated this route as there are units you can purchase online. BTW, my job requires me to fly out to Petaluma every month or so; I am somewhat familiar with the Hayward area as we used to own a printing facility in Hayward (Spectrum Label). We recently closed it down to consolidate our capabilities in both Oakland and Petaluma.

Reactions: Peter_72
W

WishIhadAHonda

Dec 24, 2020
Kalamazoo
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hey All,

I have the same problem. If you can close the tailgate halfway to clear the jack there’s tailgate support bars you can get that will hold it halfway or else just remove the tailgate and just super secure it in the bed.

Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
The set up actually tows really good, I just take my time. I live in Ville Platte, south central Louisiana.

Reactions: Mudwing and Bigtee
advertisement
Yellowbeast

Yellowbeast

May 29, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 500
If the tail gate only needs a few inches to clear, look at DG tailgate supports for an angled support. I have the all three lengths set
.View attachment 260265
Or u can put car ramps in the bed that way the front of the p5 is in the air and it moves the back tires in a few move inches so the tail gate shuts