P500 500 versus 700 if price same?

gatorguy

gatorguy

May 15, 2015
Florida
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
One thing that hasn't been mentioned hardly is the transmission difference. I grew up with Honda four wheelers with the 5 speed transmissions. I greatly prefer the 5sp to the 3sp auto in the 700. My neighbor has a 700 and I find myself missing the 5 gear selections. Even though it is lighter with less hp, I would trust the 500 for work more than a 700. I've pulled around some big logs with my P5 in 4wd and 1 or second gear. The tranny reminds me of my '99 Dodge with the cummins - 1st is so low I only use it pulling a load etc.

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
One thing that hasn't been mentioned hardly is the transmission difference. I grew up with Honda four wheelers with the 5 speed transmissions. I greatly prefer the 5sp to the 3sp auto in the 700. My neighbor has a 700 and I find myself missing the 5 gear selections. Even though it is lighter with less hp, I would trust the 500 for work more than a 700. I've pulled around some big logs with my P5 in 4wd and 1 or second gear. The tranny reminds me of my '99 Dodge with the cummins - 1st is so low I only use it pulling a load etc.
My dealer doesn't like the 700 pioneer-Rincon tranny.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Is the tranny in the 700 the same as the tranny in the Rincon, I know it's the same motor, I really liked my Rincon when I had it but you did not have a low enough gear on long and steep hill descents and I don't like riding brakes on downhills, it can shorten your lifespan.

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Is the tranny in the 700 the same as the tranny in the Rincon, I know it's the same motor, I really liked my Rincon when I had it but you did not have a low enough gear on long and steep hill descents and I don't like riding brakes on downhills, it can shorten your lifespan.
Yes, but with lower gearing in the subtranny. If you remember the "Big Red" gear reduction the Rincon guys were doing, it has that from the factory...just like the Big Red LOL!

Reactions: Alan aka Davinci
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
they pull a ton, I have personally pulled twice the rating a ton of times. going down hills and decelerating is the same as any ebs system ive had you only have to brake on the worst slopes

Reactions: Mudwing
B

Baldeagle

Sep 16, 2017
AB

Same tranny different gear on back end to give it lower gearing. Brakes on the p700 are design to be used lots and work great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B

Baldeagle

Sep 16, 2017
AB
If I could get a 2018 700 deluxe for slightly more than. 2019 500, would it be worth it? Pros and cons to the 700 versus 500 other than bigger engine?
Thanks

P500 is a great machine. A little tippy. Should widen stance with offset rims or spacers or both. Needs a little lift as well. Both a 500 and 700 would be the best answer. Going for 1. If your trails allow go 700.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!