P500 520 bogging

Roadwizard

Roadwizard

Jun 18, 2022
New Brunswick
Ownership

1. 520
My 2022 pioneer 520 is bogging between shifts in auto but does not seem to do in in manual. used to notice sometimes when running in 5 for a while then stopping and taking off. got about 6000 miles on it. engine does not rev like clutch is slipping. Any thoughts would be great.

Bob

A little more info I changed oil to Valvoline ATV 10-40 600km ago but slippage/ bogging just started today and was fine Friday

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My 2022 pioneer 520 is bogging between shifts in auto but does not seem to do in in manual. used to notice sometimes when running in 5 for a while then stopping and taking off. got about 6000 miles on it. engine does not rev like clutch is slipping. Any thoughts would be great.

Bob
Hows your air filter?
Pull your spark plug and check it to see if its fouled as well.

Reactions: trigger
Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Sounds like your clutch could be out if adjustment or possibly something isn't 100% when the shift is commanded like a weak shift motor.

Try adjusting the clutch first, if that doesn't help it could be something else

Reactions: Remington
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I used Valvoline full Synthetic motorcycle oil for 20,000 miles in my Yamaha YXZ. The non synthetic Valvoline motorcycle oil is ok too.

Reactions: Backwoods
advertisement
Roadwizard

Roadwizard

Jun 18, 2022
New Brunswick
Ownership

1. 520
Update: I took bike to retired Honda tech who does work out of garage he took it for ride and said it was working great no loss of power or slippage one clutch disengages and other hooks up smoothly. I told him the reason I brought in was it always shifted harshly since new unless I let off gas a bit. So maybe just getting broke in at 12000km lol

Roadwizard

Roadwizard

Jun 18, 2022
New Brunswick
Ownership

1. 520
Last oil change I used Valvoline ATV 10W40 and dont want to start a fight but noticed shifting was quieter right away, The mech said that should not have done anything so maybe in my head

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Last oil change I used Valvoline ATV 10W40 and dont want to start a fight but noticed shifting was quieter right away, The mech said that should not have done anything so maybe in my head
With continued use, the first handful of oil changes result in smoother operation. The clickity clackity chain sound in the rear never goes away though.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!