P500 520 fit in my pick up truck?

Chevyfan396

Chevyfan396

Oct 26, 2021
Palouse, Wa
Ownership

1. 520
My 520 is running 27x9r12 in the front and 27x11r12 on 5+2 wheels. Measures about 52-53 wide in the front. The wheel wells on my silverado are 50 apart l. When loading it tries to drive over the wells then slips down between when the weight gets heavy enough. Loads easily. I can a piece of plywood that fits around the wheel wells and covers the tailgate when its down. I have a 6'6" box. I have a 6 inch lift and 35s. The ramps i have are curved and hinge in the middle, longer than normal straight ones. Not sure what brand they are but the extra length and slight curve is really nice with that much pick up height.

20220114 133734

N

Ncflemm

Jan 10, 2022
Sunset Hills
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 500

3. 520
My 520 is running 27x9r12 in the front and 27x11r12 on 5+2 wheels. Measures about 52-53 wide in the front. The wheel wells on my silverado are 50 apart l. When loading it tries to drive over the wells then slips down between when the weight gets heavy enough. Loads easily. I can a piece of plywood that fits around the wheel wells and covers the tailgate when its down. I have a 6'6" box. I have a 6 inch lift and 35s. The ramps i have are curved and hinge in the middle, longer than normal straight ones. Not sure what brand they are but the extra length and slight curve is really nice with that much pick up height.

View attachment 313756
I just picked up a pair of these bad boys…

I’m a little concerned that they won’t fit under my 520 in the back of my f250 6.5ft bed. Any thoughts? Am I reading the specs correctly…these ramps are 5ft when folded with a height of 6 inches…I think the machine is 8.5 inch clearance. Still worried. Especially bc of the fact I just dropped $700. Thanks in advance all!

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just picked up a pair of these bad boys…

I’m a little concerned that they won’t fit under my 520 in the back of my f250 6.5ft bed. Any thoughts? Am I reading the specs correctly…these ramps are 5ft when folded with a height of 6 inches…I think the machine is 8.5 inch clearance. Still worried. Especially bc of the fact I just dropped $700. Thanks in advance all!
I had spacers and a 3/8” skid on my P5 but the ramps (think I have the same ones) did slide underneath it. Width between the wheels was the tight spot. Height was fine for me.

Holy moley did the price go up on the ramps. I bought mine for $399 I think it was maybe 2-ish years ago.

Reactions: Ncflemm
N

Ncflemm

Jan 10, 2022
Sunset Hills
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 500

3. 520
I had spacers and a 3/8” skid on my P5 but the ramps (think I have the same ones) did slide underneath it. Width between the wheels was the tight spot. Height was fine for me.

Holy moley did the price go up on the ramps. I bought mine for $399 I think it was maybe 2-ish years ago.
Thank you! Sounds good. Yes, $715 after tax was difficult to deal with. What do you mean by spacers? I’m a newbie!

If anyone has any additional input it would be greatly appreciated.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you! Sounds good. Yes, $715 after tax was difficult to deal with. What do you mean by spacers? I’m a newbie!

Between the wheel hubs and the rims of the P5. Makes the P5 wider between the wheels and wider overall of course which makes it less likely to tip over.

Reactions: trigger
Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Just take some time and search for whatever you want on here. If you have a question, ask. More than likely, someone has already done or had the question that you will have. There's an overload of info here! Good luck and welcome from Ohio!

N

Ncflemm

Jan 10, 2022
Sunset Hills
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 500

3. 520
Just take some time and search for whatever you want on here. If you have a question, ask. More than likely, someone has already done or had the question that you will have. There's an overload of info here! Good luck and welcome from Ohio!
Thanks you. Here is a question ha…the DG tailgate supports…I ordered a set for the truck. Do you leave them on while hauling? I’ve heard conflicting opinions on the subject. If I leave them on, do they have to be secured in any way? Thanks in advance 🙏

Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't have any idea. Hopefully someone might chime in or hit the search bar and see if there's any other posts about it.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
They have to be left on to actually function. They're taking the weight instead of the tailgate cables. Shouldn't be an issue of them bouncing and coming loose with the weight of the machine on the tailgate. They use a type of slip joint that hooks onto the factory pins.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Adding to what Trigger said…you might read suggestions to take them out based on people just using them as a loading brace and not traveling with weight on the tailgate. But as Trigger said with your machine weight on the tailgate I would leave them in.

Reactions: Ncflemm and trigger
G

GPS

Apr 10, 2021
Alabama
Ownership

1. 520
Hello all - I’m picking up a 2021 Pioneer 520 in 3 weeks. The idea is to haul the machine around in my truck bed exclusively. I have a 2016 Ford F-250 Super Duty with a 6.5ft bed. I realize the tailgate will likely have to be down. My primary concern is…the distance between my wheel wells is 48 inches…the machine is 50 inches. Any feedback? Thanks in advance!
I realize you've gotten several good replies that have probably eased your concerns, but since I've been where you are I'll add this fwiw.

I bought my first utv/sxs 10 years ago. At the time I had a Tacoma but no interest or storage space or other use for a trailer. So I sold the Tacoma and bought a Tundra. I hauled that original utv/sxs for 9 years, and also a similar size/weight cart (customized for hunting use) for 4 years, in the bed of the Tundra. It's wheelwell-wheelwell is 50 inches.

After I got the 520 in October, because of the 50" width issue I researched and decided on 25 inch ITP Mud Lite XTR tires because the 8's actual width was 7.6 inches and the actual height of the 8's and 10's were both slightly over 26 inches. This maintained the 520's original width as desired but added .5 inch clearance (not a big deal but helpful anyway). No wheelwell problem loading and unloading. (And excellent tires for my use.) With 520 purchase also upgraded to Bosski RevArc ramp (90 inch, 1,300 lb capacity) and Rhino straps (4 @ 1,700 lb load limit).

Thankful to have never experienced any haul-related issue and current arrangement with 520 is better than prior years and other vehicles. Good luck and enjoy!

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Finally got my unit! Well worth the wait! Thanks again (everyone) for all of the excellent input. Rolled off of the assembly line 4 weeks ago 😁.

View attachment 335809 View attachment 335810
Your tailgate should be ok with those DG tailgate supports and tie downs, wise choice (have some). Are you planning anything for beefing up the front of the truck bed at the P520 front bumper in case of a sudden stop/accident to spread out the forward force (full width 2x 10/12 lumber cross member, heavy tow straps from rear, etc)?

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Just bought a 520 for riding our 50 inch trails. The front bumper comes off by taking out 4 bolts. It fits in my 2020 F250. If its tight in other trucks the tires can be set at 3 psi. The factory didn't install the 2 6mm bolts on my Pioneer 520 and also on my Pioneer 500. The frame has the nuts installed so its easy to install the 2 bolts to the back end of the skid plate.

Loaded1
Loaded2
Loaded3

Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Damn. Now I'm going to have to buy a 520 because l can't keep the kids out of the 1000-3. I'll probably end up in the 520!:)

Reactions: trigger
S

SaShot

Nov 17, 2020
Montana
Ownership

1. 500
Here is how I haul my 520 in a 2019 GMC 3500HD with an 8 foot box and the tailgate closed so that I can pull my travel trailer. The windshield and roof make a good air deflector over my travel trailer and I get a little better mileage with the Pioneer in the bed. I remove the winch and place it in the cab on the floor of the passenger side. The last photograph shows the pins I use in the upper winch mount and the bolts with handles that I welded for the lower fasteners. I also use a quick disconnect for the power cables and only connect them when needed.

1 Honda 520 in 8 foot GMC box resize 2 Clearance rear GMC 8 foot bed tailgate closed resize 3 Clearance rear GMC 8 foot bed tailgate open resize 4 Clearance front of GMC 8 foot bed resize 5 Winch stowed on passengers side and quick connect cable resize 6 Quick connect cable pin and lower bolt lever edit resize

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!