BOX1

6+1 and 32s - update w/PICs

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
15" tires on 14" rims, that must be one hell of a leak :)

Joking aside, if they are 14", you need to remove the shock and completely collapse the suspension and check the upper control arm clearance again. This will get smaller and is known to rub on some 14" wheels...

Lol, I fixed it.

I've seen the rubbing threads when compressed. I'm going to install some bandit springs soon and will check it for sure then. It really doesn't look like it is going too. I assume with the shock off the arms will compress further than they would with the shock. Maybe while I have the springs off I'll put the shock back on and compress it like that if I can?

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So if the math is right, stock tires measured 28, these measure 32, the percent change is just over 10. I was just out on the trails. I don't even notice a difference in the gear ratio for crawling. High is still good and low could stand to be a little lower, for me anyway. But i cant tell a differenece from stock. Didn't get it up to max speed (never have), but at about 45 it seems to have exactly the same power, so I imagine it will run through all the gears just fine.

This is all awesome news for me, because I was really worried I'd need to do the IGR because of the bigger tires. But it turns out I still only just WANT to do the igr... definitely don't need it haha.

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I finally got a set of bandit springs and had a reason to take the shocks off. The only time the tire rubs the fender is on drivers side with it turned to the left all the way. When I lifted the tire up by hand I could get it to eventually hit. However I'm not sure the tire has that much travel with the shock installed. It looks like it would have to completely flatten the bump stops to get that far up? If I moved the tire up to where I though the shock would be bottomed out on the bump stops, then the tire still didn't rub.

The wheels also didn't rub the upper a-arms with the suspension lifted all the way up, so that's good! Lol.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!