Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Loaded mine down yesterday with 6 people (wife, sister, stepson, daughter, and 2yr old grandson). First time I've ever had it loaded. Really didn't make that big of a difference in the ride quality. I was impressed. We went through my regular mudhole and rock climbs. On the road it hit 55mph just like it does with just me in it. The tires limit top speed. Overall I was happy with it.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Loaded mine down yesterday with 6 people (wife, sister, stepson, daughter, and 2yr old grandson). First time I've ever had it loaded. Really didn't make that big of a difference in the ride quality. I was impressed. We went through my regular mudhole and rock climbs. On the road it hit 55mph just like it does with just me in it. The tires limit top speed. Overall I was happy with it.
I'm thinking you are attempting to start a challenge...Max Riders in A single P1K5. Lol. I'm in! Next time pictures or it never happened:)

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm thinking you are attempting to start a challenge...Max Riders in A single P1K5. Lol. I'm in! Next time pictures or it never happened:)
Yeah I should've taken a selfie lol. I was too preoccupied with the dang cab heat to think of taking pic. Gotta find time to mount those blowers. That crap is ridiculous.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yeah I should've taken a selfie lol. I was too preoccupied with the dang cab heat to think of taking pic. Gotta find time to mount those blowers. That crap is ridiculous.

So did you get a bunch of complaints from your riders about it? Which location was the worst?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So did you get a bunch of complaints from your riders about it? Which location was the worst?
I couldn't tell who was the most miserable. By the time we got to the creek we were all covered in dust and burnt alive. My wife was in the back and her legs were red from the heat. Grandson was in the middle up front but he was in a booster seat. Little rascal actually fell asleep going down a long rocky hill lol.

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We were riding on the 3rd and it was 85 degrees out. It was also very dusty and the cab heat was intense. I did have my full window on but no top. It was very hot across the front low back area and the bars were HOT right behind the seat. My wife said it was cooler riding in the back.
I guess I just need to get a bug buster and cut my own holes for my side mirrors. My sisters ranger with roof and top did not get as hot in the cab as mine and she was having radiator issue with mud from hitting 1 of two mud holes we saw.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
This is a little disconcerting considering I am about to buy one myself. I would really hate to find out that it is so hot that no one will ride with me.

Delton, did you have a roof and windshield or just a roof on or was it completely naked?

I am slightly further North than you but at a lower and much more humid part of the state so if it was bothering you, it will most definitely be bothering me/wife/brother.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I honestly would not let these comments sway me from a Honda now that i own one. The heat issue is proven to be managed with other members here. I just have not taken any measures myself to address it (Lazy). :)

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is a little disconcerting considering I am about to buy one myself. I would really hate to find out that it is so hot that no one will ride with me.

Delton, did you have a roof and windshield or just a roof on or was it completely naked?

I am slightly further North than you but at a lower and much more humid part of the state so if it was bothering you, it will most definitely be bothering me/wife/brother.
I was on a night ride a couple weeks ago, probably about 85 degrees outside, and we were all miserable... My buddies were not going to ride with me anymore... installed the bilge blowers the following weekend and took the family up on the mtn and rode the same trails as when my buddies were with me, except it was 95 degrees outside... we didn't have any heat issues with the blowers! They worked like a charm.

Sorry for the thread jack @Delton ! But like they already said... if you didn't get a pic, it never happened! lol

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Roof and flip up windshield

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My other stepson and his girlfriend were behind us on my Foreman. We were all wishing we had taken the 4wheeler instead lol

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In all fairness it was a hot and humid day yesterday, but it sure didn't help with the machine I paid a small fortune for cooking us too lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sorry you were so hot @Delton sounds like it would have been lots of fun otherwise

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Roof and flip up windshield

Was the shield down or up? I assume down?

And yes, it was rather bad yesterday. Especially after the storms moved through my area. Didn't drop the temp, just wetted the air.

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
Got you I had 5 kids and two adults in a p3. Needless to say they were sitting in our laps.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was the shield down or up? I assume down?

And yes, it was rather bad yesterday. Especially after the storms moved through my area. Didn't drop the temp, just wetted the air.
Winshield was down. I raised it but couldn't tell the difference. I love this machine and never regret buying it. It goes places that look impossible to get over/through. I still recommend one to anyone wanting a sxs.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!