P700 700-4 accessories must have

J

JRH

Feb 21, 2021
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey all. New to forum. Purchasing 700-4 with short hard roof, fender flares and winch. Thinking about boss plow. What do you all think are necessary accessories this machine needs? I am thinking light bar, bed mat, rear window, windshield , rear bumper, reverse light, second battery, instrument switches? Man this stuff adds up quick! What's anyone's advise on boss plows also? Thanks in advance.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey all. New to forum. Purchasing 700-4 with short hard roof, fender flares and winch. Thinking about boss plow. What do you all think are necessary accessories this machine needs? I am thinking light bar, bed mat, rear window, windshield , rear bumper, reverse light, second battery, instrument switches? Man this stuff adds up quick! What's anyone's advise on boss plows also? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forums!

Windshield will depend on your riding. I have a split that I keep half off most summer because it's much better air flow than even with it raised. But during deer season I would hate not having it.

LED headlamps are about as good as a light bar on the front. I have a 12" bar in the front grill and can hardly tell it's on when head lamps are on. Maybe raising it to roof or at bottom of windshield would help??? But the LED headlamps are a great addition and inexpensive.

Rear light bar. I went with one at the top of the cage and have it on a rocker so it doesnt automatically come on when in reverse...I flip it on and off as needed for back up or work. No need to spend a fortune on light bars either. Check here in the Honda SxS store and Amazon.

If I had a 700-4 I would definitely look at bed extenders and bed mats.

J

JRH

Feb 21, 2021
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks Mudwing and livefromthe tree. I was thinking about a split windshield I could open during warmer weather and closing up in the fall and winter. Thanks for the advice on lights. Man there is a lot of them out there. I was thinking about making a bed liner for now. I saw dtaber8604's idea and that is exactly what I was thinking. Looks like it would be good for woods work and hunting and easy enough to remove if we needed more passenger room. From what I am reading this is an ongoing process of customizing the machines. I like to do a lot of my own work so I really enjoy peoples ideas.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks Mudwing and livefromthe tree. I was thinking about a split windshield I could open during warmer weather and closing up in the fall and winter. Thanks for the advice on lights. Man there is a lot of them out there. I was thinking about making a bed liner for now. I saw dtaber8604's idea and that is exactly what I was thinking. Looks like it would be good for woods work and hunting and easy enough to remove if we needed more passenger room. From what I am reading this is an ongoing process of customizing the machines. I like to do a lot of my own work so I really enjoy peoples ideas.
The backup lights from the store are awesome and a great addition. I’ve got a set of them that I will be mounting to the front soon. They are good quality. 😎

03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Yes, x100 on the backup lights from the store. I was plowing the other night and had to laugh cause when I shift in reverse those lights are brighter than the LED headlights which were also a good upgrade.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
The backup lights from the store are awesome and a great addition. I’ve got a set of them that I will be mounting to the front soon. They are good quality. 😎

The store will work with you on what you need as well. I didnt want 2 reverse lights and didnt need the kit to hook into my reverse, so they hooked me up with enough cable, a a single light and a roll bar clamp. I already had rocker and relay. Works great and seriously bright

Good folks

20201025 134810

Reactions: Lady01 and Mudwing
S

Stiffler

Apr 12, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes, x100 on the backup lights from the store. I was plowing the other night and had to laugh cause when I shift in reverse those lights are brighter than the LED headlights which were also a good upgrade.
What store r u guys talking bout for the lights?

Reactions: Lady01 and Mudwing
03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand

Reactions: Lady01
KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Same position here. Looking for DIY mods. What are you all using for LED headlights on the P700?

I do like the rear lights offered by the store here. I’ll be getting a 2 light set, lots of light and the two lights look good with the 700-4 long roof.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
What he said☝️.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Nice price! They white or blue/white???

White and bright. Bright enough that I almost never use the front bar any longer. I probably aughta move my front bar to the roof because I can hardly tell when its on because of how bright they are.
20200930 191152

Smoking Joe

Smoking Joe

Mar 27, 2021
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-2
Any thoughts on led bulbs vs the whole headlamp assembly? Really don't want a light bar to get tore off!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!