BOX1

P700 700-4 Bed Latch Releases

J

jrv97240

Jul 19, 2017
Kansas City, MO
When my rear seats are down, I am still not able to release the dump bed. It appears the saftey latches for the rear seats are not being depressed far enough. I have confirmed with the parts manual that I have all the parts in place. Is there any adjustment to this? If I press the release in the bed by hand with the seat up the bed will dump. Thanks.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just checked mine out and I don’t really see an adjustment. There are little rubber ends that are on the latch if they’re missing it may not push the release all the way. Also check that the seats are going all the way down. Make sure there’s no mud or rocks blocking this. Pics may help us!

J

jrv97240

Jul 19, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The rubber ends are there and it appears the seat is going all the way down. I will try to get some pictures when i can.

jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
I know it's been said but pop your seats up and fold back down and see if it helps.

Ours didn't want to dump a time or two and this worked. I should mention ours has just over 100 miles though.

J

jrv97240

Jul 19, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Yes, I have gone up and down with them a couple times and no change. I got the bed up manually then folded the seats down and can see the latches are not opening all the way.

Reactions: jinx
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I ended up eventually having to wrap/cover the lever ends with with rubber grommets or slid a small piece of plastic in the recess in the seat back where the lever touches.

It's like the backs warp a bit over time. You'll notice that the wedges on the rear doors don't quite keep them solidly pined down after a while. It's a fraction of an inch, but just enough.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had to do what Dg Rider said but I just cut a piece of rubber heater hose and slipped it on the end of the lever. Never had a problem since.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!