700-4 stalling

Canadian_Mafk

Canadian_Mafk

May 12, 2017
Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
2016 700 -4 I was winching out of mud and trying to spin myself out at the same time, but machine kept stalling. Any suggestions why? To much demand from winch? Mud was not that deep not even as high as wheels but was sticky . It seemed to die easier when diff lock was on.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
They are high geared and that makes a under powered motor even weaker what I have learned with an automatic is it doesn't start off in a bind to well if you are already moving before get in a whole it does good but trying to start off at dead stop doesn't like doing in mud thats my opinion

Canadian_Mafk

Canadian_Mafk

May 12, 2017
Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
What causes it to stall though? I learned yes very under powered. My machine has like 20 miles on it and stalling constantly while spinning tires in 4x4 with winch in use doesnt seem right.

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
What causes it to stall though? I learned yes very under powered. My machine has like 20 miles on it and stalling constantly while spinning tires in 4x4 with winch in use doesnt seem right.

Hello Mafk, Welcome to the forum. I'd probably go ahead and run it a bit out of the mud and needing winching if it's at 20 miles till you get about a hundred miles then change the oil and look at the filter and see how much stuff is there and you may see a bunch of metal and don't be too concerned. I like to run a little over the full mark on this machine on oil. Best Wishes.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
When you are saying stalling is the engine cutting out or are the wheels just not spinning?

If it is a wheel stall condition, don't forget the P700 has a torque convertor (fluid coupling), if the torque demand on the tires is greater than the friction coefficient of the fluid in the convertor to the fins, it will slip and the machine will stall.

If, on the other had you mean the engine is stalling out and dying, that is likely something else and you should probably take it back to the dealer and have them make sure it isn't something with your air/fuel/exhaust/electrical system.

Reactions: swsebek
Canadian_Mafk

Canadian_Mafk

May 12, 2017
Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
When I said stalled I was referring to the engine shutting off, it had no problem spinning the wheels. I think ill run her until im due for first oil change and take to dealer then

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
You mean it stalls right as you give up spinning and let off the gas?or while your pegged to the floor?

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
When I said stalled I was referring to the engine shutting off, it had no problem spinning the wheels. I think ill run her until im due for first oil change and take to dealer then

I think a quick check would be to make sure your spark arrestor hasn't gotten clogged with something and choking it out. I would check that first if it was mine.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Do you have a volt meter? Might be that the winch is pulling too much power? Maybe installing an automotive type battery would solve your problem. Honestly though something isn't right, I can stand on the brakes and drag the machine with my winch no problem.

I actually had a truck that did the same thing as what you describe and the culprit was a bad battery. I know your machine is new but it's an idea

Canadian_Mafk

Canadian_Mafk

May 12, 2017
Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
You mean it stalls right as you give up spinning and let off the gas?or while your pegged to the floor?
I think it was when I was letting off , I should have paid more attention. But I guess that would make sense if it was spinning in 3rd and then let off she would stall right?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!