P700 700-4 two piece roof?

T

the_buzz_man

Dec 13, 2021
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hoping to get a 700-4 within the next couple of months. Come on Honda, make the announcement!!

Anyway, I searched and googled but couldn't find what I am looking for. I would like to get a two piece roof where it splits from the front section and the rear section. I'd like to have a roof over the whole thing during inclement weather, but sometimes I work out of the back and would like to easily remove it when not needed. Actually, it would probably more like add it when needed.

Curious if anyone has seen or knows if this is even an option. If not, will probably get the short roof and use something like one of the American flag mesh sunshade to help with the weather some

Appreciate the info...
the_buzz_man

NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
I run the short front hard roof. Then I mounted a rear fabric roof. I roll the fabric roof up against the front roof. It stays in that position until I need it for inclement weather. In addition, I had my local Boat Canvas Shop make a protective cover for it to protect it from branches. Been on there for 4 years and no problems.

IMG 2510
IMG 2652

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I run the short front hard roof. Then I mounted a rear fabric roof. I roll the fabric roof up against the front roof. It stays in that position until I need it for inclement weather. In addition, I had my local Boat Canvas Shop make a protective cover for it to protect it from branches. Been on there for 4 years and no problems.

View attachment 326953View attachment 326954
I was thinking there was a rear only canvass roof available.

M

mpilihp

Aug 13, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
I put this metal roof on my 700-4 it is 2 pieces but is secured together with screws/nuts. Maybe you could install it without those connecting it and then take the back off, probably would not be waterproof at the seam then. If the link doesnt work its made by Koplin.

Reactions: Buggyman
J

jcampbell1130

Jul 10, 2021
NW Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Can you give details on the hard roof? I have a 2015 that I would like to do the same with
Actually, I don't have a lot of info, as I purchased used from a dealer with it already installed by previous owner. However, the sales guy said it was a hard top from a 700-2. It is a TIGHT fit on the sides, but it works and I have never had any issues.

Reactions: buckhunter9268

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!