700 portals

R

Ryan1071

Dec 15, 2022
Naples,FL
Ownership

1. 520

2. 700-2
Just wondering if you need to do anything special to get the 6in portals to work on a 700? I have 4in portals on mine now bc that’s all they offered on SuperATV, but I’ve been seeing more and more 700s with 6in so just wondering if there’s anything special you have to do or are they the same mounting plates as the 4in?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from commie run Michigan

@SuperATV will chime in this afternoon and help you there.

So, we have rules when u join called info and pics, it's Rule#4 comes before #5 and is the same as #3
What year, miles and mods? Hard to help without info and a visual....
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
We don't make a specific 6" portal kit for the 700. The main problem is tire size. You would need a minimum of an 18" wheel to use the 6" portals. The smallest size tire you can fit on an 18" wheel is still going to be bigger than you'd ever be able to fit under that 700....even with the 6" portals. I'm sure guys are out there doing custom lifts for it, but we don't make anything that big at this time. Secondly, you'd have to make yourself some custom axles with outer CV's from whatever machine you get the 6" portals for....so they work with the drive gear inside the portal.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We don't make a specific 6" portal kit for the 700. The main problem is tire size. You would need a minimum of an 18" wheel to use the 6" portals. The smallest size tire you can fit on an 18" wheel is still going to be bigger than you'd ever be able to fit under that 700....even with the 6" portals. I'm sure guys are out there doing custom lifts for it, but we don't make anything that big at this time. Secondly, you'd have to make yourself some custom axles with outer CV's from whatever machine you get the 6" portals for....so they work with the drive gear inside the portal.
💥💥💥
Jim Dandy to the rescue!!!!
Go Jim Dandy..Go Jim Dandy!!!

See @Ryan1071 I told you hed have your answer! Uncle Remi knows!;)🥳 Now post us some pics!!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just wondering if you need to do anything special to get the 6in portals to work on a 700? I have 4in portals on mine now bc that’s all they offered on SuperATV, but I’ve been seeing more and more 700s with 6in so just wondering if there’s anything special you have to do or are they the same mounting plates as the 4in?
Welcome to the Club. And to answer your question, have your head examined, you are looking for a big headache. I think SATV summed it up. Just go ride and have fun.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yeah the OP posted on that thread first last night. Was also the first person to do so on that thread in many months. The OP of that thread hasnt posted any updates on that rare 6 portal P7 he has either in a very long time.

All I can say it that it all looks like a great big PITA and a parts nightmare waiting to happen! 🤣

H

HondaTech

Yeah the OP posted on that thread first last night. Was also the first person to do so on that thread in many months. The OP of that thread hasnt posted any updates on that rare 6 portal P7 he has either in a very long time.

All I can say it that it all looks like a great big PITA and a parts nightmare waiting to happen! 🤣

I realized that after posting the link. 🙃

R

Ryan1071

Dec 15, 2022
Naples,FL
Ownership

1. 520

2. 700-2
Yea I know y’all don’t make a specific kit but I’ve seen plenty of 700s with 6in portals online so I was just wondering how everyone was doing it.

advertisement
R

Ryan1071

Dec 15, 2022
Naples,FL
Ownership

1. 520

2. 700-2
Welcome from commie run Michigan

@SuperATV will chime in this afternoon and help you there.

So, we have rules when u join called info and pics, it's Rule#4 comes before #5 and is the same as #3
What year, miles and mods? Hard to help without info and a visual....
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!
These are my machines

B2F87081 1057 43CE B219 DDDEF1611769 DA80D4FC 43F9 412E 8D96 9F080A707408

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
6" boxes from another machine (Poo Poo Fire Trap RZR 1000 for example) and then Poo Poo Fire Trap RZR 1000 outer CV's for your axles to work in the drive gear in the box. Add a few 🧯For spite just because, and there u go! A Hybrid.

Fixed it for ya! 🥳

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!