Honda 700 Parking Outside

Blacklab16671

Blacklab16671

Jan 18, 2023
Virginia
Ownership

1. 700-2
I purchased a 2023 Pioneer 700-2 Deluxe this year. It does not fit in my garage so I have it outside under a SXS cover. Since I bought it I have put maybe 4 miles on it. I find I am too lazy to take the cover off it every time I want to take the trash to the curb (long driveway) so it has basically set for 5 months. Does anyone let theirs set outside uncovered? I am not finding it very useful or convenient and now I am thinking about just selling it. If it is ok to set outside uncovered I might keep it as it would be more convenient for small chores. It has a roof and windshield but otherwise an open cab.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I purchased a 2023 Pioneer 700-2 Deluxe this year. It does not fit in my garage so I have it outside under a SXS cover. Since I bought it I have put maybe 4 miles on it. I find I am too lazy to take the cover off it every time I want to take the trash to the curb (long driveway) so it has basically set for 5 months. Does anyone let theirs set outside uncovered? I am not finding it very useful or convenient and now I am thinking about just selling it. If it is ok to set outside uncovered I might keep it as it would be more convenient for small chores. It has a roof and windshield but otherwise an open cab.
I leave my 1000 sitting outside uncovered from April - October where I camp.
It has spent winters outside a few seasons as well. Sometimes the garage has other priorities parked in it.
The plastics are faded, but I didn't buy it to be a trailer queen so to speak.

D

dweber23tr

May 21, 2023
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The roof and glass will help but eventually nature will take its course on it and things like plastics will fade and crack, tires will dry rot etc. Rodents will find their way in it also, but even parking in a garage isn't always a guarantee that won't happen. It is a spendy thing to have sitting around and not being used. Could you put up a tarp shed or lean-to off the garage?

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!