Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Is Outkast the only option at this point for arms for the 500/520?

As far as I know. Ridin' Dirty quit making them right about the time I was looking to buy. Unless you want to go with Jak's extended travel kit. Those are the only two options I know of.

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
As far as I know. Ridin' Dirty quit making them right about the time I was looking to buy. Unless you want to go with Jak's extended travel kit. Those are the only two options I know of.

Reading your posts after you installed it, it sounds like you had a little bit of difficulty with the Outkast install/process? Customer service doesn't seem too great either. I am kinda throwing out the 50" thing at this point - will just nut up and pay the ticket if they try to get me for 4-5" (TWSS). Might need to wait and see if someone else comes out with another option...

Reactions: trigger
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw two different ones. One made by riding dirty and another by ss fab. Can't find a good contact for either.
Riding dirty quit making them. The frames had too much variation in them so they stopped when customers had figment issues.

Reactions: rustyneversleeps
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I still say the main issue is the HONDA bushings have little teeth on them that make the bushings act like torsion springs, and that stresses the hell outta the upper mount tabs if you actually articulate.

stobiadas

stobiadas

Apr 12, 2021
K0E1X0
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I still say the main issue is the HONDA bushings have little teeth on them that make the bushings act like torsion springs, and that stresses the hell outta the upper mount tabs if you actually articulate.
So to understand this problem correctly, it's only the upper arms that have issues? I've only got 750km on mine but if this is a valid issue than its worth investigating further.
I may play with a welder this weekend and see if I can mock up/fabricate a tie brace between left and right side. Maybe something like strut tower brace on cars? Just an idea at this point.

Reactions: Bigtee
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Reading your posts after you installed it, it sounds like you had a little bit of difficulty with the Outkast install/process? Customer service doesn't seem too great either. I am kinda throwing out the 50" thing at this point - will just nut up and pay the ticket if they try to get me for 4-5" (TWSS). Might need to wait and see if someone else comes out with another option...

That's the decision I came to. Put 26" BH 2.0's on stockers and it was way too tippy, 50" went out the window. Spreading the stance gave it far more capabilities anyway.
After different tire, wheel and spacer combinations it comes down to how wide are you comfortable with? 55" is the sweet spot for me on 28's, 57" was too wide, started clipping trees with the sidewalls on the passenger side.
OutKast got it pretty close, not perfect but workable.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
BTW, I asked on facebook and outkast still offers them, waiting on a price update currently.

Offers what exactly, the arched A arms? Never saw where they made a bracket support. Ridin' Dirty made one and I called on that before ordering OutKast arms and was told they were discontinued as well.

Reactions: rustyneversleeps
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I know right. I even have a photo of one with an RD welded onto the steel?
49736854 312846479369634 1662979695987130368 n  nc cat100 nc htscontentfind1 1

I contacted Ridin Dirty on FB about one and this was the response.

"Are you referring to a frame stiffener/gusset plate? I'm sure we could source one. I dont believe our company has ever sold any for a Pioneer 500.
----------------------------------------------------------

Ridin Dirty Customs LLC sent July 8 at 3:02 PM
I believe a company called Outkast Fabworx specialized in some of the Honda Pioneer 500 stuff."

(I said thanks and they responded.)

"No worries. We dont do any fab work at this location. Its all outsourced. Have a good day."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I asked OutKast and they said the make them to order? I am still trying to obtain a price however. There is a lag using FB messenger. To be honest it seems hinky to me, I send RD this photo with the RD logo on it, seems odd that they say they did not make it? Maybe it was a prior company with the same name?

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
OK, they (Ridin Dirty) say they did not make this one, so it must have been another previous company with the same name?
FB link would not work, but this will get the point across... this all seems weird.
(Facebook) RidinDirtyCustomsLLC

Last edited:
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
In addition to the reinforcement I made in the video, I have since changed from individual bolts in each mount, to a single long 10mm dia. stud that goes fully through each pair of upper and lower control arm mounts. *Wouldn't recommend without switching to full floating bushings* I made the stud/bolts using 10mm stainless bar stock, cutting to length, and threading each end for a lock-nut. I felt it would help to spread torque loads through the mount system just a bit more, keep everything aligned a little better, and has virtually zero resistance to articulation. Also makes it really easy to get the arms off.:p

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Damn. I'm impressed. Are these tabs known to tear off during normal riding or is this just something that typically happens to those that truly thrash on their rides?

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Damn. I'm impressed. Are these tabs known to tear off during normal riding or is this just something that typically happens to those that truly thrash on their rides?
Thanks! Well I was doing a lot of.... testing..... when I tore mine off. There was the air suspension testing, the winch testing, the front spool testing, the Torq-Locker testing.... OK I beat the crap out of it 😛

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
So, Outkast includes them with the new a-Arm kits but will sell it separate. Still waiting on price, hope for AM.

As for the question of how much of an issue is it? I think those that run big tires and a locker, and move the Arms a lot are more likely to damage. I know with my 30" tires and a locked up front diff with air shocks I tend to put myself in places where I would damage most brands if I did not watch out. I would not call it a failure as much as my machine was never intended to look like it does now or go where I have pointed it. I remember the wildcats having the same issue and the aftermarket supplied a brace for those.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!