BOX1

A-Arm bushing removal.

Fusefinder

Fusefinder

Aug 9, 2019
Germantown Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have a OEM front lower A-Arm bushing on my 2019 Talon X that is bad and causing a rattle. I bought the SuperATV UHMW to replace them. If I do not plan to keep original OEM bushings do I need to remove the C-clip? Can I press them out without removing the clip, or is there an easy way to remove theclip first.
Thanks for the insight, I haven't seen many video on the topic.

Blownzuki

Blownzuki

Have you considered a KRX….NO!
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2020
Northern Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon x4
No, I tried it when I put on the forward a-arms on the x4. Did you get the tool to press them out?

Reactions: Smittyp
gauspohl4305

gauspohl4305

Supporting Member
Aug 25, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have a OEM front lower A-Arm bushing on my 2019 Talon X that is bad and causing a rattle. I bought the SuperATV UHMW to replace them. If I do not plan to keep original OEM bushings do I need to remove the C-clip? Can I press them out without removing the clip, or is there an easy way to remove theclip first.
Thanks for the insight, I haven't seen many video on the topic.
I am pretty sure you have to remove the clip and press out. I had the SATV UHMW bushings and they may have lasted for 1 trip. I ride KY,TN,WV. I have read a lot of people have problems with them not lasting. I changed to the S3 Powersports Titan Bushings. They seem to be holding up very well. Just make sure you torque your A-Arm bolts down when you are done installing.

Blownzuki

Blownzuki

Have you considered a KRX….NO!
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2020
Northern Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Yep, you have to remove the clips first.

Check out this video at about 7:50, and it'll walk you right through it.

I didn’t explain myself. I know you have to remove the clips first. I tried to press them out with the removal tool before taking out the clips. Taking the clips out is a tedious.

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have the removal tool and I am trying to take out the clips. Yea, that sucks, haven't gotten one out yet!! I'll try again at lunch.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am pretty sure you have to remove the clip and press out. I had the SATV UHMW bushings and they may have lasted for 1 trip. I ride KY,TN,WV. I have read a lot of people have problems with them not lasting. I changed to the S3 Powersports Titan Bushings. They seem to be holding up very well. Just make sure you torque your A-Arm bolts down when you are done installing.
Torque the a arm bolts at ride height

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No need to on Talons, they aren't under tension like a Pioneer
Good point. I guess with twice the travel bonded bushings would not last long if at all.

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
I was able to get them out. I had to use my press vs. a vise to put enough pressure on the bushing to get some room to get it out. The SATV video shows a brand new a-arm, and a heavy duty vise. 4,400 miles on mine through the dirt and mud, I needed a little more torque to get it to move in.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!