Trail armor a arm skid

J

Jhall244

Supporting Member
Apr 18, 2023
NE ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
Trying to install my trail armor skids and am wondering if I either have the wrong skid plates for my an arms or am I just supposed to tighten them till the 1” gap closes? When sitting flush against the front the gap is on the backside towards the tire

IMG 2038

Reactions: Smitty335
J

Jhall244

Supporting Member
Apr 18, 2023
NE ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
Nope. All stock. Brand new machine. Both sides are like that

Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Nope. All stock. Brand new machine. Both sides are like that
Double check and make sure they are for your year. They just started making them for the 23’s.
On a personal note, if they are for the right year and still dont fit, send them back and forget Arm guards. All they do is collect mud, slime, sticks and other debris. Best to let that $hit flow through the arms.

J

Jhall244

Supporting Member
Apr 18, 2023
NE ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
Double check and make sure they are for your year. They just started making them for the 23’s.
On a personal note, if they are for the right year and still dont fit, send them back and forget Arm guards. All they do is collect mud, slime, sticks and other debris. Best to let that $hit flow through the arms.
The instructions noted for a 22 but things can get missmarked. I contemplated on getting a arm skids to begin with for that reason and figure if I trashed them I’d buy new arched lowers

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Swapped factory A-Arms for SATV A-Arms all the way around. Due to this change, my nearly brand new Trail Armor A-Arm guards are all sitting underneath a workbench in my garage (they don't fit). Real men don't need A-Arm guards. Even if they did fit, I would not run them based on the exact same reasons @Remington stated above.

For the record, there are some pics of my TA A-Arm guards installed in my build thread here. Not sure if they show the area you're looking for, but you can take a gander. Mine is a '21, though.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Swapped factory A-Arms for SATV A-Arms all the way around. Due to this change, my nearly brand new Trail Armor A-Arm guards are all sitting underneath a workbench in my garage (they don't fit). Real men don't need A-Arm guards. Even if they did fit, I would not run them based on the exact same reasons @Remington stated above.

For the record, there are some pics of my TA A-Arm guards installed in my build thread here. Not sure if they show the area you're looking for, but you can take a gander. Mine is a '21, though.
He's got a Talon X.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Trying to install my trail armor skids and am wondering if I either have the wrong skid plates for my an arms or am I just supposed to tighten them till the 1” gap closes? When sitting flush against the front the gap is on the backside towards the tire

View attachment 386930
Hard to tell from your picture, but it almost looks like your a-arms are different than the OEM arms with that bend. Probably just the picture though if it's a new unit. Found this picture with them installed on an X:

Maybe a couple more pictures of your setup and we can help.

J

Jhall244

Supporting Member
Apr 18, 2023
NE ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
So here’s a quick video of how much of a difference there is. This is me holding it up against the “factory” mounting locations that you are instructed to use

IMG 2043

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!