Stock wheels rubbing on A arm? And no brake or tail lights...

01Canes

Mar 12, 2023
North Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Not exactly what I was hoping to find, one of my front wheels has been rubbing on the a arm at full lock. Bad alignment? Toe out of wack? 60 miles on it.

Also, I noticed that I have no brake or tail lights. All fuses look fine. Where else do I look?

Not thrilled at all about the wheel.....
20230322 162815
20230322 162753

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Not exactly what I was hoping to find, one of my front wheels has been rubbing on the a arm at full lock. Bad alignment? Toe out of wack? 60 miles on it.

Also, I noticed that I have no brake or tail lights. All fuses look fine. Where else do I look?

Not thrilled at all about the wheel.....View attachment 380014View attachment 380017
Check your "toe".....although I don't know if it would have that much play.

The lights......maybe make sure all the plugs are plugged in tight....

Good luck

01Canes

Mar 12, 2023
North Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Check your "toe".....although I don't know if it would have that much play.

The lights......maybe make sure all the plugs are plugged in tight....

Good luck

Yea I looked at the toe and it appears that it may be toed out which would make it worse. Also noticed the exposed threads coming out of the rack are different by about 1/4" from side to side.

I'll check the plugs.

This is my 1st atv utv etc, is this par for the course or what?

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I would guess your rack isn't centered. Turn all the way right, check clearance to the A-arm, then do the same on the left.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
don't trust anyone, check all your fluids as well, probably the wash boy was assigned to get one out the door and wack you $1k or so for dealer prep.....

sucks balls

01Canes

Mar 12, 2023
North Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
don't trust anyone, check all your fluids as well, probably the wash boy was assigned to get one out the door and wack you $1k or so for dealer prep.....

sucks balls
Oh I know, I do all my own maintenance on everything because I don't trust anyone. Now onto my non functioning tail lights....

01Canes

Mar 12, 2023
North Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I plan on doing the 100 mile service soon, I'll have in the garage so I will be doing a thorough lookover and dialing in the toe. Stuff I should have checked already, but cmon what do these guys that don't know anything about stuff that buy these?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Check your sub trans fluid level for sure, both of mine were 1/3 low. :mad:

There’s a procedure for centering the steering rack, it’s listed in the New Talon Owners thread (Linked in my sig for those wondering)

Should probably measure your toe-in, not just set the threads the same. There a many reports of Honda completely messing up the original toe-in.

01Canes

Mar 12, 2023
North Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Check your sub trans fluid level for sure, both of mine were 1/3 low. :mad:

There’s a procedure for centering the steering rack, it’s listed in the New Talon Owners thread (Linked in my sig for those wondering)

Should probably measure your toe-in, not just set the threads the same. There a many reports of Honda completely messing up the original toe-in.

Funny you say that, my sub trans was leaking oil from the drain plug (but stopped). Pretty sure they over tightened it. But fluid level was fine.

I will for sure set the toe correctly when it's not sitting on an uneven gravel driveway 🤣

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
My trailer is a nearly perfect toe-in rack, the rails are about an inch wider than the sidewalls. Run one tire up against a rail, measure to the other. This is actually the wrong side, the gap is on the other side.

Like this -

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!