Stock wheels rubbing on A arm? And no brake or tail lights...

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Off topic, how do you like the LT tires? I do alot of pavement driving and have been seriously considering 31x10.5r15s
Love them for their mileage but an OHV specific tire is reported to ride softer. U picks yer poison. My first set of 6 OHV tires (2 fronts, 4 rears) only lasted 5700 miles. I’m at ~4600 miles on these and they’re still looking good, all dirt, we can’t plate here so, no pavement. I run stock wheel offsets, so I can’t rotate; I’ll buy two new rears when these are done, probably around 6 or 7000. Rough guesstimate - 12,000 miles on 6 tires.

Last edited:

01Canes

Mar 12, 2023
North Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Love them for their mileage but an OHV specific tire is reported to ride softer. U picks yer poison. My first set of 6 OHV tires (2 fronts, 4 rears) only lasted 5700 miles. I’m at ~4600 miles on these and they’re still looking good, all dirt, we can’t plate here so, no pavement. I run stock wheel offsets, so I can’t rotate; I’ll buy two new rears when these are done, probably around 6 or 7000. Rough guesstimate - 12,000 miles on 6 tires.
Well this is my first side by side so this is my baseline and I daily a 1 ton cummins so I'm used to it rough🥴

I just worry I will trash sxs tires. I picked my boy up from school today and it was a ~18 mile round trip all asphalt......

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Well this is my first side by side so this is my baseline and I daily a 1 ton cummins so I'm used to it rough🥴

I just worry I will trash sxs tires. I picked my boy up from school today and it was a ~18 mile round trip all asphalt......
The more rubber contact, the longer the life, give or take. A wide open tread, good for mud, is going to wear out fast. Any LT tire is going to last longer than most SxS tires (I think).

I’m fairly new at this myself, bought my first SxS in 2020. I recently retired from dirt bikes, aged out, didn’t want to get hurt at this point in my life. The Talon has been the perfect next step for me, it’ll keep me exploring the backcountry until my health fails.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!